Help! My Hartke 3500 Keeps blowing fuses

Billystrat

• Members

Well, my amp died at my gig last weekend. I assumed it was the fuse, and this morning I looked at it, the fuse was blown, so I bought new ones and it blew threw 2 of the brand new fuses. I took the old fuse in, and had a salesman look at it and we both agreed the 250V 8A Fast Blow fuses were the proper ones. Am I doing something wrong? The amps a Hartke 3500. Anyone have any idea what's going on? Thanks.

• Members

Originally posted by coyote-1

If you are blowing power circuit fuses, it means something inside your amp is drawing dangerous current levels. Typically, this happens when a short to ground has occurred somewhere.

The amp needs professional service.

Thanks.

• Members

How old is it? I have a 7000 from the first year of production, and it has had major problems with bad solder joints. A friend of mine used to work as an amp tech and basically resoldered all the connections twice (and I had the same thing done once before that). I haven't got a clue what the problem is since you would think it would stay fixed if it is fixed, but something is out of whack. I'd take it to a tech and see what is shorted.

• Members

I've got a 3500 and blew a fuse. It was traced back to a bad cap.

Unless you know what your doing 350watt heads and 8A fuses aren't to be messed with. Get it service properly. Maybe get it resoldered and caps replaced if its getting old. Those heads are pretty easy to work on.

Archived