peavey firebass 700... good/ or

lumpy555

• Members

IMNSFHO, the Pro Tour kicks the Firebass's ass up-n-down the whole earth. The Firebass will get you heard. The Pro Tour will get you sounding real good while getting you heard. The octaver works pretty well too and is great fun. To my ears, the Firebass has that typical old Peavey blah sound. The Pro Tour only has a bit of that Peavey sound. For the same $$$, I liked the Markbass better for my wants.

• Members

in toledo,at crossroads guitar shop,jack has a abundance of used bass amps. example that peavey firebass 600.00, apeavey mark III with a 1x15 400.00, a hartke transient transporter 2500 head +1x15 cab 400.00 ,a older g. k . r 100m + 1x15 400.00 and a peavey centurion head and a B.W. 2X15 CAB the old silver stripe aluminum on each side of the front panel of the 2x15 cab...

• Members

I had read alot of positives about the Firebass 700, and had a local Daddy's Junky Music send one in from out of town... I've been playing through a Peavey Mark VIII for about a year and a half, and was going to trade it in for the Firebass 700 - but after A/Bing the two, I decided to keep the Mark VIII... The FB 700 didn't seem as powerful as my Mark VIII, even though it's rated at 700 watts - and my Mark VIII is "only" rated at 600 watts... The FB 700 sounded pretty good, but couldn't give me any tone that I couldn't also get with my Mark VIII - and didn't have the built in chorus that the Mark VIII has... In short - the FB 700 was a good amp, but I preferred the Mark VIII over it...

- georgestrings

• Members

Originally posted by lumpy555

in toledo,at crossroads guitar shop,jack has a abundance of used bass amps. example that peavey firebass 600.00, apeavey mark III with a 1x15 400.00, a hartke transient transporter 2500 head +1x15 cab 400.00 ,a older g. k . r 100m + 1x15 400.00 and a peavey centurion head and a B.W. 2X15 CAB the old silver stripe aluminum on each side of the front panel of the 2x15 cab...

Those prices sound a bit high - for example, a Firebass 700 can be had for around $350 here in Syracuse, NY - and a Mark III plus a 115 could be had for under $250... The BW 215 sounds interesting though - I'm always on the lookout for a good deal on one of those...

- georgestrings

Archived