Describe the T-Bird tone

ToeJamFootball

• Members

if anyone has any soundclips that would be great.

i would just listen to Motley Crue, but he is always pretty buried in the mix.

how would you describe the sound of a t-bird?

Nikki Sixx records mostly with Spectors anyway.

I would agree with the "smooth thump" description.

• Members

I have had the pleasure of owning two T-birds before and i loved the tone, a straight up T-bird Standard and a Nikki Sixx Blackbird. The clip freestyle posted was dead on i though.

I loved both of them, especially the Blackbird but i doubt i'd ever buy one again becaus they are real unweildy to play on, especially if you are fairly short.

• Members

I jammed on an Epi T-Bird the other night. That one was pretty cool. I know they don't get a lot of love around here but really: It was pretty cool. If it's anything like a real one then you have three options:

A rock-sound.

A different, harsher rock-sound

A combination of the two.

• Members

The Epis don't hold a candle to the Gibsons, but they're more than adequate for us poorer bird admirers. They got a really good review in Bass Guitar (don't remember what month, Duff McKagen is on the cover). Apparently, you can solo the neck pup and get pretty close to an upright sound.

• Members

I actually made my first ever trip to GC last weekend and got to play an epi t-bird for the first time, and I've got to say...I really, really liked it. It felt good, sounded good, and looks freakin' killer. I also got to play a warwick that I liked as well, I a corvette standard, I believe. I didn't expect to like it nearly as much as I did, since the necks are usually so unwieldy-feeling to me. Played a Bongo for the first time, as well and wasn't terribly impressed. Not that it was bad, but it didn't raelly jump out to me. I guess I'm just spoiled by my Tribute L2000.

nspbass

Archived