I as one of many people realize RATM freakin' rocks

baracuda2004

• Members

Poppin', sockin', rockin' puttin' a side of hip-hop

You know I never really gave em a chance until last week.. i mean i had heard "Killing In the Name" but that's the only one before last week and i'm really liking their stuff.

for some reason... Im stuck on listening to "I'm housin" from the Renegades album (even though its not actually their song)... I love the chorus riff... I ve been playing that song over and over here :D

• Members

for some reason... Im stuck on listening to "I'm housin" from the Renegades album (even though its not actually their song)... I love the chorus riff... I ve been playing that song over and over here
:D

I'm pretty sure nothing on the Renegades album was actually theirs. It was a cover album I believe.

• Members

You'll do what I tell ya!

And I watch you sweat. Then I'll watch you shake

And then you beg. And then you scream "I'll do what

you tell me!"

You'll do what I tell ya! That is right, Punk!

See, I think you're gonna have to find out the

hard way!

You'll do what I tell you! I'm gonna {censored} you up!

And let me tell you just why

On the mic, you talk about gettin' violent

But to the man with the badge you're nothin' but silent

So now it's the governmennt you wanna overthrow?

But first it's off to the next oversized show!

Now you're makin' your political statement

Or are you trying to add to your financial statement

And let's not forget the evil corporations

Then why is SONY the sponsor of your

presentation? Bitch!

You'll do what I tell ya! Oh yea! You'll do what I tell

ya! I'm gonna {censored} you up!

You'll do what I tell ya - you're nothin' but a Punk!

You'll do what I tell ya. We're gonna go head up!

First you sweat! And then you shake! And then you

beg. And then you plead. And then you shake

And then you sweat. And then you scream "I'll do

what you tell me."

You'll do what I tell you. Oh yea. I'm gonna

{censored} you up!

You'll do what I tell you. I'm gonna show you what is

up. I'm gonna {censored} you up!

'Cause you're a {censored}. 'Cause you're a bitch. And

'cause you {censored}in' deserve it!

You'll do what I tell ya -

Nothin' but {censored}

You're full of {censored}

And I don't like {censored}

I'll {censored} up your {censored}

You ain't {censored}!

And I don't like {censored}!

You're full of {censored}!

And I'll {censored} up your {censored}! {censored}!

:wave:

• Members

{censored}, guys.

Tom Morello got me started playing guitar and Tim Commerford and Brad Wilk continue to be my rhythm inspiration. Rage Against the Machine is no doubt my favourite band ever, I've been listening to them since '92 (I was what, 4?) and I still listen to their albums on a regular basis.

Thank god I found a few other dudes who love them as much as I do and we play a lot of RATM songs during our shows (though we've cut back to just playing the Bulls on Parade/Sleep Now in the Fire combo). As well, you can really tell the RATM influence in our originals.

Audioslave is a different direction but my love for those three guys still hasn't faded.

ROCK

:wave:

haha

• Members

{censored}, guys.

Tom Morello got me started playing guitar and Tim Commerford and Brad Wilk continue to be my rhythm inspiration. Rage Against the Machine is no doubt my favourite band ever, I've been listening to them since '92 (I was what, 4?) and I still listen to their albums on a regular basis.

Thank god I found a few other dudes who love them as much as I do and we play a lot of RATM songs during our shows (though we've cut back to just playing the Bulls on Parade/Sleep Now in the Fire combo). As well, you can really tell the RATM influence in our originals.

Audioslave is a different direction but my love for those three guys still hasn't faded.

ROCK

+1

If i hadn't been introduced to Rage and Incubus, I would have never learned bass. Period.

• Members

You know sadly I bought my fretless a couple weeks back but haven't even played more than 30 minutes on it total even though it sounds pretty freaking good. Now i don't why I got it:rolleyes:

How much did it set you back, I will be in the market for a fretless once my next pay comes in.

What basses did Timmy use?

• Members

I'm pretty sure nothing on the Renegades album was actually theirs. It was a cover album I believe.

Yeah Renegades is a cover album. My favourite song from that one is How I Could Just Kill a Man. I've been listening to Cypress Hill for a long time as well.

• Members

"Down Rodeo" is a brilliant song. Excellent change of dynamics, fitting guitar solo, and solid drumming. Even though I'm not a overly-huge fan of RATM, 'Evil Empire' has my #1 favorite album production.

Great bass tone on that album too. That is the Tim C tone.

Archived