Bela Fleck, The Flecktones, and of course Wooten on Wedensday night!

Fireball_73

• Members

Oh man I can't wait! It's a fairly small venue too (part of Glasgow's celtic connections festival) so I just realised I might stand a chance of meeting Victor Wooten :eek: Unbalievable eh?

Going with my Dad too! :thu:

I'm going to bring my bassday98 DVD that my Dad got me 2 months after I started playing bass and I remeber disticntly thinking that I would never be able to play a fretless (Haha) and that Wooten was way more intersting than Rocco! :D

I'm stoked! :thu::)

• Members

I hope you get to meet him. The sound company I worked for did sound for the Flecktones on there shows here every year. All of them are real nice guys. Not the stuck-up jerks you tend to run into with big name acts.

Victon played with Shure PSM-600s adn Sony ear buds when I last saw him. I forget the model of ear buds but they were awsome and only about 50 or 75 bucks. Ask him about them if you see him.

• Members

I hope you get to meet him. The sound company I worked for did sound for the Flecktones on there shows here every year. All of them are real nice guys. Not the stuck-up jerks you tend to run into with big name acts.

Victon played with Shure PSM-600s adn Sony ear buds when I last saw him. I forget the model of ear buds but they were awsome and only about 50 or 75 bucks. Ask him about them if you see him.

Will do. I'll get back to the forum if I get to meet him or not! :D And if I do I will ask him and let you know! :wave:

So far I've only met Andy Powell from Wishbone Ash and a southern blues shredder called Eric Sardinas when his band were wondering around lost looking for the after show party at Steve Vai! :D

• Members

Very cool.

A few years back my wife and I had front row seats directly in front of Victor at the State Theatre in New Brunswick, NJ for Bela and the Flecktones. Amazing show in a cool little theatre that holds 1800 heads. My wife was preggo at the time and she said my daughter was kicking like crazy throughout. Victor threw Norweigen Wood in his bass solo that night. It was cool being so close that you could actually hear the strings being played.

Have fun at the show!

• Members

I saw him when he came to salt lake city last year. And just like everybody says, he is very humble. After the show everyone in the band just put down their instruments and instead of running off to the green room, they ALL came out and sat on the edge of the stage. Victor stuck around and talked to everybody. He signed autographs, took pictures, and just talked for about 2 hours.

Bassius was there, he'll tell ya.

If you want to meet him, you will. Great guy. (not to mention a great musician also)

• Members

I saw him when he came to salt lake city last year. And just like everybody says, he is very humble. After the show everyone in the band just put down their instruments and instead of running off to the green room, they ALL came out and sat on the edge of the stage. Victor stuck around and talked to everybody. He signed autographs, took pictures, and just talked for about 2 hours.

Bassius was there, he'll tell ya.

If you want to meet him, you will. Great guy. (not to mention a great musician also)

At my show he signed autographs, jerseys and his book. I would have waited but the line was crazy and it was really late. I just got his book and split!

Archived