Ampeg B100R "died" on stage

lonegroover

• Members

Hi Folks,

Just wondered if anyone else has experienced this and whether it may indicate a bigger problem.

In between numbers last night on stage I needed to tune E string down to D so I turned amp off for a moment before using tuner (don't have inline tuner). When I'd tuned E string (in a matter of seconds) I plugged guitar back into amp, turned it on but...nothing. All amp lights were on ok (blue, gain and peak) so clearly recieving a signal.

I went direct thru the PA so gig was fine and afterwards we took the back off the amp. Swapped a fuse (1.6amp) and it started up fine. Is this blowing a fuse a common problem or anyone think the amp needs looking at? I dont want to be tense every time I play thinking it's gonna go again.

The amp itself is only 12 months old, has been looked after really well though gigged considerably in that time.

For the record, at the time it "died" the ampeg was plugeed into a 4way board which had 3 other unaffected pieces of equipment also in there.

any ideas?

cheers

• Members
:freak: Well fuses do blow thats what they do but if thats the only time It's done it at this point I wouldn't worry to much about it if it is a contiuing problem I would defenitly have it looked at. And welcome to the HCBF in your in good hands here.:thu:

Archived