Thanks for saying hi at NAMM

hasbeen

• Members

oh.....PS:

I had some killer basses in the booth. An Elrick, neck-through, 5 string and two Mike Lull's.

Both Lull's were 4 strings. My favorite was tobacco sunburst, quilt top, ash body and maple board. Sunburstbasser played this one.

• Members

Is there a UK version of NAMM?

It is probable that there is some type of music trade show in the UK but if there is, it isn't attended by international suppliers.

The "European/International" show is the Frankfurt Music Messe in late February.

• Members

Knuckle's name is Skip. :) I think his forum name is Knucklehead, or Knucklehaid, one of the two. Or something like that. Great guy. He got several of us into the summer NAMM in Nashville a couple of years back (me, Skippii, Mike, Amy and Joe Clatter showed up through other methods...). We were able to spend a lot of time with his Quake basses in his display booth. Phenomenal. I really need to go ahead and buy one of those...

• Members

Knuckle's name is Skip.
:)
I think his forum name is Knucklehead, or Knucklehaid, one of the two. Or something like that. Great guy. He got several of us into the summer NAMM in Nashville a couple of years back (me, Skippii, Mike, Amy and Joe Clatter showed up through other methods...). We were able to spend a lot of time with his Quake basses in his display booth. Phenomenal. I really need to go ahead and buy one of those...

thanks...I knew his real name but I searched for "knucklehead" to send him a PM and apparently, that logon doesn't work.

• Members

It was great to finally be able to put a face to the moniker! I hope you have at least one more winter show in you - I will be there next time with toys and I'd love to show you what I do.

I know the show floor is a lousy place to chat in earnest - let's have a beer next time and dig in a bit.

:cool:

• Members

It was great to finally be able to put a face to the moniker! I hope you have at least one more winter show in you - I will be there next time with toys and I'd love to show you what I do.

I know the show floor is a lousy place to chat in earnest - let's have a beer next time and dig in a bit.

:cool:

I'll certainly be there. ....we will have to have a beer. It was great indeed finally meeting.

• Members

It was great to see you and Andy! I think I snapped a shot of your Lull the first day.

Kassy enjoyed your demo immensely as well. She's totally stoked by all the great players she saw!

I only wish I had more time to play through those amps.
:)

thanks for coming by and bringing Kassy....she was very nice. Yes, there are many great players but all that really matters is that when you play, make sure it's sincere. ....it doesn't have to be "showy".

We had a high visibility, legend playing in a meeting. He was flashy but man, his tone was soooooo fat and what a groove!

It was really funny- he set our amp flat, set the Lull flat and man, he had the biggest fattest tone with plenty of bottom........and EVERYTHING WAS FLAT! The tone a person has in his hands gets my attention long before the chops do.

• Members

do you have to be a maker of gear to go to NAMM?

No...you just have to have a "badge" to get in. How to get a badge:

* Be a member of NAMM. The membership is made up of manufacturers, distributors and retailers.

* Get a visitor's badge- you get these by finding one of the above that will put you on their "guest" list.

Archived