Does anyone have a briefcase?

vincentpghpa

• CMS Author

As you can see, wanting a PJB and actually being able to get one are two very different animals. I've never heard anything good about their customer service. It's a shame, because they're supposed to be really nice amps.

Perhaps look into the Ampeg Portabass series, maybe there's something that'll fit. At least you can actually buy their products.

• Members

As you can see, wanting a PJB and actually being able to get one are two very different animals.

Guess I'm lucky. I have a local dealer 10 minutes from my house. He doesn't have a lot of PJ's... but last I was in there, he had a briefcase, a 6-pack, and a top&bottom stack.

I was always too afraid to try it out. Lots of $$$$$$

• Members

I tried one at Bass Central. I was not impressed with the sound for the $$$. It is very hifi sounding. As expected, it's not very loud, but it's not made to get loud. I just could not see spending $500. for it. I like my little Fender Bassman 100 better. IMO.

I also tried the suitcase with the same results.

• Members

China's come a long, long way in a very short time. I wouldn't necessarily fear Chinese products anymore.

Hence the problem. I'm not concerned about quality, I'm concerned about smart things like trade deficits:(

• Members

Hence the problem. I'm not concerned about quality, I'm concerned about smart things like trade deficits:(

I'm guessing that they need us much more than we need them. There's a huge push toward technology over there. From who do you think they're buying? ;)

• Members

I'm guessing that they need us much more than we need them. There's a huge push toward technology over there. From who do you think they're buying?
;)

Not us. They did a little bit, and then they pirated everything else they needed.

• Members

I've tried the 6-pack, very excellent hi-fi sound, very flat across the spectrum, very responsive.

And almost too much EQ choice to dial in.

The briefcase is a mighty-fine looking li'l amp. 2 things: first, the battery is an additional $130 on top of whatever price you find, and second, as someone stated, 2 former dealers I talked with both thought it was an incredible amp but lacked in customer service, particularly at the PJB support for the dealers level.

From what I heard of the 6-pack, I'd love to hear the suitcase, and also a 2-cab stack with my Traynor (or two Traynors).

• Members

The GBE600 is or was made overseas, IIRC. Is that correct.

I remember when I bought mine it said made in
Taiwan
I think.

that's kind of a hard one to answer. These days one has to define "made". It is certainly assembled in Taiwan. The components though are globally sourced....many, from the U.S. and many from throughout Asia. Agedhorse would have to say which components are U.S. but there are some major ones.

After assembly they are all shipped to our U.S. shop where they are qc'd by Scott and Chris and burned in also. Some of our competitors call this U.S. made by the way. We call it what it is: "globally sourced".

Archived