I just wanted to say thank guys for steering me towards a Genz-Benz amp

Thumpin5

• Members

First off, hell no I don't have any pics yet...:mad: But the Genz is going to 2 SWR 4X10 cabs. I have always played through Ampeg amps. I was hoping to get close to the Ampeg low end and ended up getting more without clipping...:thu: First off, I thought that it was going to take me forever to dial in the tone that I wanted with all the knobs. I started off with everything flat and just added some more tube side of the amp and turned on the global shaping for more lows/mids/highs and it was :love: :love: :love: This amp has way too much power than I would ever need but I would rather have too much power that not enough.

The only thing that I don't like about the amp is that when you engage all the options on the amp,

FET/TUBE channels plus global shaping, it kinda starts to look like a silver spaceship with all of the blue LED's. But I can use to that...:)

Anybody here that is thinking about the ultimate amp with power for days....think Gen-Benz. I will NEVER go back to Ampeg.

:cool:

• Members

First off, hell no I don't have any pics yet...
:mad:
But the Genz is going to 2 SWR 4X10 cabs. I have always played through Ampeg amps. I was hoping to get close to the Ampeg low end and ended up getting more without clipping...
:thu:
First off, I thought that it was going to take me forever to dial in the tone that I wanted with all the knobs. I started off with everything flat and just added some more tube side of the amp and turned on the global shaping for more lows/mids/highs and it was
:love:
This amp has way too much power than I would ever need but I would rather have too much power that not enough.

The only thing that I don't like about the amp is that when you engage all the options on the amp,

FET/TUBE channels plus global shaping, it kinda starts to look like a silver space ship with all of the blue LED's. But I can use to that...
:)

Anybody here that is thinking about the ultimate amp with power for days....think Gen-Benz. I will NEVER go back to Ampeg.

:cool:

:thu: Yet another convert!

• Members

Welcome to the club:cool: I wish I had all those cool blue spaceship lights instead of the 600's reds. Blue is way too cool.

Billy-B

One thing that's cool about the blue LED's is that it looks good with the blue LED's that are in my DTR-1000 tuner...:)

• Members

** drooling **

I am happy for you and not at all jealous.
:thu:

Ok, 90% happy, 10% jealous.

well....50/50, yeah, 50/50

** begging **

please, please, please buy me one.
:cry:

I would think about it if I wasn't pulling the trigger on a Mike Lull bass that's going to set me back another 2K+...:(

• Members

Glad to hear it Jody! Do you understand the difference in low end that I was talking about? Or am I just
:freak:
? I too am stuck on Genz for good...although there will always be a soft spot in my heart for vintage Ampeg tube heads. Someday I'll have me an old SVT to go with my V4.
;)

Mike, I totally understand about what you were trying to put into words about the low end of this amp now...:thu: I just can't believe the awesome low end that I can get out of this amp. I'm just like you, I will always have mucho respect for Ampeg. I'm going to buy a B-15 flip top from the guy that I'm in a band for $30.00 next week...:eek: Talk about a hell of a deal but the whole top half is going to have to be restored.

• Members

No more Ampeg huh?
:mad:

HELL NO. First off, my Ampeg 810-E was/is a very nice cab. But when I sarted playing a 5 string, the cab sounded like a 12 gauge shotgun when I would go to B string. Yea, I love bottom end from hell. I bought 2 SWR cabs that can handle 1400 RMS compared to 800 RMS of the the Ampeg cab. My SWR cabs canhold there own know matter how much low I push to the cabs. I not putting down your 8X10 at all...:) If your happy with your cab, that's all that matters...;)

• Moderators
Welcome to the club:cool: I wish I had all those cool blue spaceship lights instead of the 600's reds. Blue is way too cool.

Billy-B

Maybe hasbeen could look into GB retrofitting everyone's GBE600's red lights with the blue ones (for a fee of course). It couldn't be anything more than getting the lights and some soldering work, could it?

• Members

HELL NO. First off, my Ampeg 810-E was/is a very nice cab. But when I sarted playing a 5 string, the cab sounded like a 12 gauge shotgun when I would go to B string. Yea, I love bottom end from hell. I bought 2 SWR cabs that can handle 1400 RMS compared to 800 RMS of the the Ampeg cab. My SWR cabs canhold there own know matter how much low I push to the cabs. I not putting down your 8X10 at all...
:)
If your happy with your cab, that's all that matters...
;)

+1. I still love my Ampeg 810. It makes for a nice at home late night practice cabinet :freak: since it never leaves the basement anymore since I've "downsized" my stage cab to an SWR 8x8.

• Members

Maybe hasbeen could look into GB retrofitting everyone's GBE600's red lights with the blue ones (for a fee of course). It couldn't be anything more than getting the lights and some soldering work, could it?

it is I'm afraid. Blue led's run at different voltage levels then other colors. Also, we have one guy that does all of our tech work. It wouldn't be possible to have him doing led change outs.

• Members

I'm glad you like it Thumpin. Just a word of caution: don't "over" eq...which is easy to do.

Randy Jackson, Chuck Rainey and Nikki Sixx run everything flat. ...without any signal shaping and with their basses set flat. You wouldn't believe the bottom end that Randy and Chuck get.

As you go past flat, I encourage you to go click by click on the knobs. One click does an awful lot.

Enjoy it and, you know where to find us if you ever need any support.

• Members

i just got a used Genz Benz 210T-XB, its great! way better than the 210 ampeg i was contemplating, the GB is way punschier and has way better low end. i still like ampeg though, ive got the SVP-PRO running through the GB cab:thu:

Archived