Strange Muse News

D Aussie

• Members

Saw muse again the other night.. great show.. those boys really know their way around their instruments.. but what kinda made me scratch my head, is that the wonderful Crhis Wolstenholme used to play Pedula and Zon basses.

Nice, eh?

But now he uses Fender Jazz's and a Rick.

Why would a man do such a thing?

I mean, I love the fenfer i have and but Ive little doubt that I would be more keen on a Zon or Pedula if my grubby little hands ever got to hold one.

Just seems odd that with a money is no object attitde to his instruments he would end up using Fenfer and Ric.:confused:

• Members

Yeah found it kinda strange also. Pedulla's are friggin' sweet and IMO blow out any fenfer... Rics, yeah maybe, but I donno either.

Maybe he was tired of trashing such nice instruments? They rock pretty hard and I know he puts a beating on them night in and night out. I read he's had those Pedulla's for a long time now, so, maybe can see his point.

• Members

after playing hi-fi basses like zon, pedulla, and modulus for a few years, it was very satisfying for me to playing passive basses that had a solid thump on the mids and beefy lows (something that sounds good under a band). my passive basses always had a nice organic tone (a rich acoustic vibe almost) that i couldn't get out of active-electronics.

Archived