Dear Peavey....

mikgag

• Members

According to the Peavey website, the clowns from Orange County Choppers are building a Peavey Chopper.

OT: I flew those guys back from Milwaukee a couple years ago when they were at the Harley 100th, or whatever that was. I worked for SnapOn and they were delivering their SnapOn bike. Cool guys, but the old man was terrified of flying! He sat in the back with a death grip on the armrests the whole way back, and really didn't say much. Our plane was on the show too. The bike was cool, but evidently SnapOn had to have it sent back a couple of times for some repairs. And they wouldn't let us ride it!:mad: They'd trust us to fly their multi-million dollar Learjet around full of their top brass, but we couldn't touch the bike. They suck!

:D

• Members

On their newer gear, I actually think it looks cool too.
:cool:

00584770.jpg

I really want one of those. The new Peavey pro series make me want to play a cabinet other than one that I built. I doubt it will sound as good since they still have a horn tweeter, but they sure do look sharp.

• Members

I really want one of those. The new Peavey pro series make me want to play a cabinet other than one that I built. I doubt it will sound as good since they still have a horn tweeter, but they sure do look sharp.

I played the 2x10 + 1x15 stack and the 2x10 by itself. They look badass in person...especially the 2x10...and sound really REALLY impressive. I sincerely hope they take off. :thu:

Regarding the logo. I used to think it was lame. But the coolness of the companies new products has been making the logo cool again. :D

This one- http://www.logodesignworks.com/logo-designs/logo-design-p/main/Peavey.gif didn't seem to work for 'em, tho it was cool too.

• Members

logo.jpg

I like this one.

This triangular one is good as long as it is not on an amp with teal highlights. Some of those old ones were ugly. It looks better in the oval on the new gear.

My first amp & cab (still got them) are Peavey. I got them in high school, took off the name plate, and used it as a template to erase the logo on to one of my black school notebooks. I thought it was cool then.:D It was better than all those car logos I used to draw on my notebooks when I was bored.

Archived