OT: So I TANKED an Excel Training today...

chubrocker

• Members

OK, I work at a college. I agreed to do some Excel training for the admin staff. The first session went well. I F'ing TANKED the advanced session today. Had technical problems, had wife on my mind (pregnancy issues--baby CLOSE to being born and she's having some problems), forgot some simple functions. It was REALLY bad IMO. Of the 30 evals, got five 5's (out of 10) and the rest 7-10. Some important people in the room too. I HATE when you prepare for something and it F'ing blows up on you.

No I'm sipping a dark beer! :thu:

• Members

My company was just merged into another company and they let most of the people go.

Those of us who were left had to meet with upper management of the new company (The Bobs from Office Space kind of deal).

It pretty much went like this....

Bob: Hi, how are you today?

Zed: I'm a little hung over to be honest.

Bob: Well, why don't you tell me what you did before you came to Media

Zed: You mean like, this morning?

Bob: No, before you started working here 7 years ago

Zed: I don't remember what I put on my resume, don't you have it there? (lol)

Bob: Ummm, yeah....

And it just got worse from there.

I think I am going to ask for a raise on monday.

• Members

The last time I tired to instuct anyone in a computer class was about 10-years ago. We had a load of computer-illiterate sales guys who needed help with basic Word/Excel/PP usage.

Never again. Never, ever again. It's like herding cats.

• Members

My company was just merged into another company and they let most of the people go.

Those of us who were left had to meet with upper management of the new company (The Bobs from Office Space kind of deal).

Nah, take the monday off, and ask for a raise on tuesday!

• Members

Damn - I knew we should have let you go with the rest of the losers.....

Sincerely,

Bob

peepwall.gif

• Members

Take off Monday, and don't call in. You'll know who your boss is on Tuesday.

Not necessarily. When MrsK7 and I got married, it was some time before she actually moved to the US... some excuse about her mother's cancer or something.

Anyway, she decided to come and visit me in PHX. She was away for a full week - no one ever missed her. Her friends at the bank covered for her.

• Members

I tried to tell the story outright, but ya gotta have the back story. I work for a regional freight company that is owned by a national "umbrella" corporation. That umbrella corporation was bought out by another national carrier. Then we turned south and took over the regional carrier covering the southwest U.S. that was our sister carrier underneath the umbrella corporation. Crazy, eh? And to make matters crazier, that regional carrier had been given a new boss the year previous by the BIG Boss corporation. Then, when we did the takeover, the boss of the now-defunct carrier took over OUR regional division which is now pretty much the western half of the U.S. . ...

Damn, I need a drink! :freak:

• Members
OK, I work at a college. I agreed to do some Excel training for the admin staff. The first session went well. I F'ing TANKED the advanced session today. Had technical problems, had wife on my mind (pregnancy issues--baby CLOSE to being born and she's having some problems), forgot some simple functions. It was REALLY bad IMO. Of the 30 evals, got five 5's (out of 10) and the rest 7-10. Some important people in the room too. I HATE when you prepare for something and it F'ing blows up on you.

No I'm sipping a dark beer!
:thu:

Specifically, what about excel were you teaching?

Archived