Went to an open Mic last night..........

Funkee1

• Members

I dread these things, but I actually had fun at this one.

A friend of mine from GC was playing, and there was a lot of young kinds who barely knew how to play, but they were up there, doing the damn thing, and I got inspired, so I singed up, and i did "On and on" by Erykah Badu, just with Solo bass, and I sang "Everything your heart Desires", a capella (That's a Hall and Oates tune, in case you didn't know). Im brought the house down!:D

after that, Derek, my friend who was performing, asked if we could do something together, so we worked up "Crazy" by Gnarls Barkley. I sing this with New Breed, so it was cool.

Then this hot Asian girl got up. So inspired by my turn was she, that she got up and read two poems, then sang an aria from La Boheme ( asian girl, french opera, tight jeans.... I sported wood!)

Anyway, it was a fun night. I am coming to terms with my singing voice. I am pretty good, i guess. Got a sound similar to Elton John or Daryll Hall, both influences.

• Members

Sorry...... Besides, it was the voice, more than the face and body. She was pretty cute, but singing French Opera.......
:eek::love:

whatever you either like asians or dont there is no middle ground:mad:

actually i totally understand where you are comeing from. i know this girl who is not the hottest girl ive ever met, and by far not the ugliest but when she plays piano:love:

• Members

My band does these open mics occasionally. We were the 'HOST" band at the last two, meaning the stage was set with our equipment. Not a bad situation if the other people bring there own instruments. A crappy deal for our drummer, though. he is getting new drums soon, so moot point.

One interesting night we had a group of young dudes come in and played an hour and really cooked and blew everybody away. They had to leave cause most were underage and tried to get served beer and lied about their age to the barmaid who knew all of them.

With the exception of their time, I played from 9pm to 2 am- I was the only bass player in the room. My band played about half our show and the rest was local guys who wanted back-up for their 3 chord songs and chicks from the bar we got to come up and sing hit me with your best shot and such. it can be fun.

We are playing a set at the next open mic at the Beagle in Tunkhannock, PA on Feb 3. Somebody elses equipment, alls I gots to bring is my bass and my ass.

• Members

I went to one last Wednesday night.

I had to leave early, but a drummer friend and I grooved pretty well when we got a chance to play, and the people in the bar were digging it, so something must have been going right. :D

There's only so much you can do with a blues in E, though...:mad:

Archived