tattoo ideas

B-Bottom

• Members

Dont get a band of anything. That's my advice as I haven't seen a band on anyone that doesn't look stupid as {censored}.

Dan

I've seen some decent ones I just really don't want the typical ones that everyone seems to have ie tribal,celtic.

• Members

I'm looking at bands for my wrist but I don't want the whole tribal thing and I'm not big on the celtic stuff. Suggestions?

No offense, but you clearly aren't ready to get one if you don't know what you want. Wrist tattoos are job killers, so be careful, and be sure you want this.

• Members

No offense, but you clearly aren't ready to get one if you don't know what you want. Wrist tattoos are job killers, so be careful, and be sure you want this.

I know I'm not ready to get one, that's why I'm asking for some imput on what to get:freak:

I'm not worried about the job thing. I could come in here with a horn sticking out of my head and it wouldn't matter.

• Members

if you keep it thinner than a watch band then it should be ok. i also said to think long about what you want painted on yourself permanently.

• Members

I'm not worried about the job thing. I could come in here with a horn sticking out of my head and it wouldn't matter.

I am just saying, my company, for example, wouldn't hire someone if they noticed a visible tattoo during an interview. I am a supporter of ink, just be careful, that's all.

• Members

I know I'm not ready to get one, that's why I'm asking for some imput on what to get:freak:

What I find myself wondering is the following:

1) Why would you want other people's input as to what tattoo you have inked on your body? Maybe I'm a bit naive - perhaps and tattoos are more akin to 'fashion statement' of sorts than I realize...I always thoughts of tattoos as very personal and sometimes intimate symbols represented in body art. I guess this all leads me to think that a tattoo wouldn't be a wise decision at this time for you - as I think it might be likely that you lose your affinity for whichever you have inked, because you're not sure what you want, and are seeking suggestions/input...

2) About the job thing...if you plan on working in your current job and position for many, many years, then sure - no worries. But if you hope to be upwardly mobile, or at least think that you may change employers or jobs at some point, I think a band tattoo on your wrist could become a hassle (maybe much more than just a hassle) that you may regret later.

Just my 2 cents...

• Members

What I find myself wondering is the following:

1) Why would you want other people's input as to what tattoo you have inked on your body? Maybe I'm a bit naive - perhaps and tattoos are more akin to 'fashion statement' of sorts than I realize...I always thoughts of tattoos as very personal and sometimes intimate symbols represented in body art. I guess this all leads me to think that a tattoo wouldn't be a wise decision at this time for you - as I think it might be likely that you lose your affinity for whichever you have inked, because you're not sure what you want, and are seeking suggestions/input...

2) About the job thing...if you plan on working in your current job and position for many, many years, then sure - no worries. But if you hope to be upwardly mobile, or at least think that you may change employers or jobs at some point, I think a band tattoo on your wrist could become a hassle (maybe much more than just a hassle) that you may regret later.

Just my 2 cents...

I already have an idea of what I want I was just looking for some input to see if anyone had any ideas that I could maybe incorporate. I used to draw flash art for tats so I'm not a novice on ideas. Like i said I was just looking for a little input

I understand about the job thing totally, and it's something that I've really considered. But so long as I don't get a tat on my forehead or neck then I'm not worried about not being able to cover it up.

When i saw Clutch a few weeks ago I saw some dude there with a giant tat on his forehead that went down to part of his nose. He also had a big one on his neck. I remember thinking I wonder how much his unemployment check is a week :freak:

• Members

A while back I had the idea of turning my forearm into a P-bass...start with the split-coil pup on the inside of your forearm, just below the elbow, in line with the palm of your hand when you turn your hand palm-up. Then put the pickguard around it, although you'd have to take the 2-D outline of it and wrap it around your arm appropriately. Then take and from about the elbow to the wrist, overlay 4 strings. Could be cool...in concept anyway.

Archived