Honestly, honey - I only read it for the financial advice!

takeout

• Members

http://money.cnn.com/galleries/2007/biz2/0701/gallery.101dumbest_sex/6.html

TradingMarkets - a Web site that provides its subscribers with professional stock-market expertise for as much as $100 a month - in January invites 10 Playboy models to participate in an investing contest.

When results are tallied toward the end of the year, 40 percent of the bunnies deliver better returns than the S&P 500, compared with just 29 percent of actively managed mutual funds.

• Members

That seems odd to me. Seeing as how it is professionally managed site, I would have expected 50% of them to do better and 50% of them to do worse. But only 40% of them did better.

That data doesn't really mean anything at all. You can twist it to say whatever you want it to.

• Members

That seems odd to me. Seeing as how it is professionally managed site, I would have expected 50% of them to do better and 50% of them to do worse. But only 40% of them did better.

That data doesn't really mean anything at all. You can twist it to say whatever you want it to.

Huh?

40% of a group of Playboy Bunnies beat the S&P 500 for a given period. Only 29% of the fund managers participating were able to do the same.

Seems pretty cut/dried.

• Members

Yup. It means that you have a better shot at making more money letting playboy bunnies manage your portfolio, than the trained fund managers. Good find, takeout.
:D

Which means that I go one step further and manage my own money.

Which has done very well for me, so far.

Archived