first time even thinking about using ebay so bear with me

bassdudeguy

• Members

Where are you located? I'll ask for you.

Couple of suggestions - don't bid on it. All you're doing is driving up the price against yourself.

Use www.esnipe.com and put in the max you want to pay. Their system will place your bid for you with six seconds left. All you have to do is decide how much you're willing to pay. Remember, a high bid from you of $650 doesn't mean you'll pay that much... only as much as it takes to beat the current highest bidder. And, with most items, the price will jump in the last minute. I watched an Ampeg amp go from $1300 to $3000 in the last minute a couple of weeks ago. Jess Oliver was selling it BTW.

If you're considering $500, go with $505.25. An odd amount will help esp if someone bids $500!

Good luck....

• Members
Where are you located? I'll ask for you.

Couple of suggestions - don't bid on it. All you're doing is driving up the price against yourself.

Use
www.esnipe.com
and put in the max you want to pay. Their system will place your bid for you with six seconds left. All you have to do is decide how much you're willing to pay. Remember, a high bid from you of $650 doesn't mean you'll pay that much... only as much as it takes to beat the current highest bidder. And, with most items, the price will jump in the last minute. I watched an Ampeg amp go from $1300 to $3000 in the last minute a couple of weeks ago. Jess Oliver was selling it BTW.

If you're considering $500, go with $505.25. An odd amount will help esp if someone bids $500!

Good luck....

um thanks for askin, i live in ontario if that helps:wave:

• Members

If you plan on bidding, creating an account would be a good place to start.

It would also allow you to ask questions directly.

it doesnt matter because no one in my family has a credit card or means of paying, my moms friend would be bidding up to the max amount i tell him:freak:

• Members

Isn't it located in Canada?

No....

The link that BDG gave us was from his Canadian instance of ebay which is why the price also appears in C$.

Ships to: United States, Canada

Item location: New Market, Maryland, United States

If you search for that item in the US ebay, it'll include shipping. $51 for me to PHX for example.

• Members

what would you guys say a reasonable max bid would be:confused:

The question should be - how much are you willing to pay for it? Let's say that it's still sitting at $455 with 10-minutes left. If it were me and I really wanted it, I'd probably put at least $703 on it using eshine.com.

As I mentioned earlier, that doesn't mean that I'll pay $703 for it. If no one else bids anything, I'd win it for $460 even with a bid of $703.

If someone else bids $500 for it and that was their max, I'd win it for $505.

The only way I'd lose it would be if someone bids more than $708.

If you're not using esnipe and your internet service is reliable, place your max. bid with about 15 seconds left. Don't get caught short on time - there's a validation step even after you enter that bid.

Timing is everything and don't bid before that - again, all you're doing is driving up the price if you bid now.

You have 4 hours and 16 minutes... tick...tick...tick...tick....

Archived