How Awesome is Deodato?

y-o-y

• Members

We used to jam on some of his earlier stuff back in college. One tune in particular, in Dm, remember the riff but not the name. Some of his stuff was pretty good, some of it was a bit too smooth / homogenized for me after a while.

Didn't know he ever joined Kool & The Gang.

• Members

Not a fan. He's the man that ruined Kool and the Gang!

:cry:

I guess I meant, how awesome is Deodato's music.

Actually, I guess I really meant "How awesome is Deodato's funky arrangements of Also Sprach Zarathustra, Peter Gunn and Prelude to the Afternoon of a Fawn

• Members

Actually, I guess I really meant "How awesome is Deodato's funky arrangements of Also Sprach Zarathustra, Peter Gunn and Prelude to the Afternoon of a Fawn

I prefer Zappa's arrangement of "Prelude to the Afternoon of a Sexually Aroused Gasmask". :eek::cool::p

• Members

I remember Also Sprach Zarathustra from when it was on the radio. A few years ago I saw a Deodato cd in a pawn shop and boutght it because the name sounded a little familiar. Wow, it's THAT song! Good stuff.

Archived