Just did my taxes and...

willsellout

• Members
I'll be married for the first time in a long time too. My acct is good, if he cant find it it aint there. Since my income was cut so drastically back in March I dont think I'll owe a dime.

Yeah but if you paid in, you want to get it all out too! :thu:

• Members
Medical sucks b/c you can only take 7.5% of your AGI, and that's IF you even qualify to itemize on Schedule A.

You get ripped on that deal.
:(

That's false. You can deduct all of your medical expenses in excess of 7.5% of AGI. Aren't you a tax pro?

So, Tim, if your AGI is, say, $50,000, and your medical expenses are $15,000, you can deduct $11,250 ($15,000 less (7.5% of $50,000)). Check with your tax pro.

• Members

That's false. You can deduct all of your medical expenses
in excess
of 7.5% of AGI. Aren't you a tax pro?

So, Tim, if your AGI is, say, $50,000, and your medical expenses are $15,000, you can deduct $11,250 ($15,000 less (7.5% of $50,000)). Check with your tax pro.

Again yes if you qualify to itemize.

Tim, I'm showing if you have that 50K AGI, and if you ONLY have Med. deductions on your A, and where to put it I would say different than others, but probably split it up under doctors, dentists, etc and fees for hospitals, clinics, etc..

I'm showing you owe a little over $4200 if you didn't have any withholding so far.

But all of this is moot if he's over the 63K limit, barring any other info...

cause then he'd just get the standard 2006 MFJ deduction of 10,300.

But also remember medical miles too Tim, which are $.18/mi.

Archived