what's wrong with my behringer?

jonathan_matos5

• Members

i know the first thing that is wrong is that it's a behringer:freak:

t-broom and other mods feel free to edit my title if you think it could be found offensive.

i have a bx600 and i took it to a jam nothing pushing it too hard just 1 acoustic guitard. i set the volume control to about 9 oclock and about an hour into the jam the speaker starts chirping :mad: and now it does the same thing every time i plug in and play.

the bass im using is a tribute l2000. i had the both pups on and in parrallel because thats the sound i like. am i sending too much signal to the amp? i now have an excuse to buy an amp:D but for now i wanna know WTF is wrong with my amp and how can i prevent it from going kaput?

• CMS Author

its hard to describe it sounded like a tweeter was blown but the amp has no tweeter

Maybe it was blown clear, and therefor, the amp has no tweeter.

*you'll get that joke, right?* :D

Be sure to try a new or different cable from your bass. It sounds suspiciously like a bad cable. I had a Monster go bad on me at an audition....with my 1200w SVT-4PRO into a tiny homebuilt cab borrowed from the band I was auditioning for:eek: It sounded like the amp had gone bad....horribly bad.

Next best guess....a bad speaker. No surprise there from what I've seen with Behringer speakers. If you can get to the speaker cable, try plugging or temp wiring to another cabinet.

• Members

That 'wooshing' sound was the pun flying over your head:D

Maybe it was blown clear, and therefor, the amp has no tweeter.

*you'll get that joke, right?*
:D

Be sure to try a new or different cable from your bass. It sounds suspiciously like a bad cable. I had a Monster go bad on me at an audition....with my 1200w SVT-4PRO into a tiny homebuilt cab borrowed from the band I was auditioning for:eek: It sounded like the amp had gone bad....horribly bad.

Next best guess....a bad speaker. No surprise there from what I've seen with Behringer speakers. If you can get to the speaker cable, try plugging or temp wiring to another cabinet.

im not on my "A Game" with the jokes today...

i played with the same cable at my lesson today and the amp there was fine i think it may be a bad speaker ill try and find the receipt and check if the warranty is out. if it is still under warranty ill take it back to GC and see if i can get a replacement or a trade

• CMS Author

im not on my "A Game" with the jokes today...

i played with the same cable at my lesson today and the amp there was fine i think it may be a bad speaker ill try and find the receipt and check if the warranty is out. if it is still under warranty ill take it back to GC and see if i can get a replacement or a trade

Forgot to mention...either a bad cable or a loose jack could make the same noise.

• Members

i know the first thing that is wrong is that it's a behringer:freak:

t-broom and other mods feel free to edit my title if you think it could be found offensive.

i have a bx600 and i took it to a jam nothing pushing it too hard just 1 acoustic guitard. i set the volume control to about 9 oclock and about an hour into the jam the speaker starts chirping
:mad:
and now it does the same thing every time i plug in and play.

the bass im using is a tribute l2000. i had the both pups on and in parrallel because thats the sound i like. am i sending too much signal to the amp? i now have an excuse to buy an amp:D but for now i wanna know WTF is wrong with my amp and how can i prevent it from going kaput?

IS THAT A TRICK QUESTION. AM I SENILE. IS IT APRIL.:freak:

• Members

on a different but amusing topic, in australia here at the moment theres a shortage of behringer products after their warehouse burnt down in a fire a few weeks ago

I consider it a service to the bass playing public
:D

Now that's a shame. Do you think you could write a letter to a local news station claiming it was arson and that you did it as service to the general public? You know, just to make things interesting.:)

Archived