Pulled the trigger! (Yamaha content)

82Daion

• Members

Just cut a deal with a guy on TalkBass for this Japanese beauty:

attachment-1.jpg

attachment-2.jpg

It's an 80's-era Yamaha BB3000s-not exactly what I was originally considering, but I've always wanted one, and it's a lot closer to the Daion, which I like. We'll see how things work-I'm probably going to replace the stock bridge with a Gotoh 201, but the rest of it should be fine.

Can't wait....:D :D :D

• Members

looking good!

Congratulations on the purchase!

And the fact that you've been waiting for one for years will make this a much better bass in your hands than those ric, t-birds and other gibson recording basses you were looking at!

Since those are not your pictures, this bass of course does not exist and we will need further proof once you get your paws on it...

• Members

:(

Did you get what you were asking for? I saw your ad on TB and had to hold myself back. Goddamn I want one of those bastards!

Yes, I did.

I don't blame you-I was pleased with mine, but the neck was screwing with my wrist and the string tension was too loose for my tastes. Great electronics package, though-if they offered it in a mahogany body, I'd be all over it.

• Members

Turning Japanese again, are you?
:D

You already know about '80s Yammies, Daions, Ibanez Musicians etc. Pbass_groovin has a point about ATKs and T40s. They're finally getting the credit they deserve. 'Course, now the prices will go up.
:freak:

Yep. :D

I probably paid a little over market for this one, but they don't often come up in this shape or finish.

I've got a gig on Friday night, but I'm not sure I want to put something so unfamiliar through its paces so soon-we'll see.

• Members

Well, it's here, and it's quite nice-just going to take some getting used to, since the neck is actually a Jazz width, and the overall tone of the bass is somewhat different than the Daion, which is to be expected.

Still, it's a very high-quality bass, and I can't wait to get out and gig with it.

Archived