The Bears will win the Superbowl

bbl

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Well, when the Bears come out on the short end of the score on Sunday, make sure the Kleenex are nearby!:cry: If you REALLY think they can beat the Colts, a SEVERE crying session is in your near future!:cry: And when I'm countin' my cash winnings from the Colts victory, I'll shed a little tear for ya.......

Naaaaa! Just kidding! I'll be too busy laughing at you idiot Bears fans...Hee...hee...:D

Colts win Super Bowl XLI!! GUARANTEED!! :thu:

• Members

urlacher was also voted the most overrated player

By whom? You and your friend over dinner at Arby's?

Name one other linebacker who stuffs the run one play, and then effectively covers a receiver in the slot on another...*bzzt* times up...

I'm no Bears fan (I'm also no Colts fan), but Urlacher is 10 pounds of nasty in a 5 pound bag...

• Members

By whom? You and your friend over dinner at Arby's?

Name one other linebacker who stuffs the run one play, and then effectively covers a receiver in the slot on another...*bzzt* times up...

I'm no Bears fan (I'm also no Colts fan), but Urlacher is 10 pounds of nasty in a 5 pound bag...

I'll take Ray Lewis on my team before Urlacher! :idea: And when the game clock reaches 00:00 on Sunday, Crian Urlacher will STILL have no SB ring.:cry::thu: And Peyton Manning will be goin' to Disney World!!;)

:D This is me countin' my loot when DA COLTS stomp DUHHH Bears!!:wave:

• Members

All true. IMO the thing that separates Ulacher from every other great linebacker is that he's such a good chameleon. One play he'll be stuffing the run and the next play he'll be matched up against a receiver in the flat. I gotta say though that, in the few times that I have seen him play, I have seen him get taken out by a single lineman on more than one occasion. Other great LB's like Ray Lewis and Junior Seau, in their prime, were able to fight through blocks much more effectively in order to make a play. Urlacher's ability to do this seems to be lacking somewhat in comparison. Then again, the group to which I'm comparing him is pretty elite. That being said, he'd make any team that he was on better.

• Members

I'll take Ray Lewis on my team before Urlacher!

Yeah, nothing says "team leader" like a guy who ratted out his friends to stay out of jail and then dubs himself "God's Linebacker"...

:D
This is me countin' my chickens before they're hatched when DA COLTS stomp DUHHH Bears!!
:wave:

fixed that for you...

• Members

I gotta say though that, in the few times that I have seen him play, I have seen him get taken out by a single lineman on more than one occasion. Other great LB's like Ray Lewis and Junior Seau, in their prime, were able to fight through blocks much more effectively in order to make a play. Urlacher's ability to do this seems to be lacking somewhat in comparison.

Maybe I've not seen enough Urlacher (though I've seen him several games per year the last couple of seasons) but I've not seen that be an issue.

And Lewis remains the most overrated defensive player in the league in my mind. Not that he isn't great, because he is, but his reputation outstrips his play...

I don't remember which writer said it, but earlier this season after one of the games the Ravens dominated in (the 2nd Cleveland game, maybe) the writer noticed "The Ravens were so commanding on defense, that by the 3rd quarter, even Ray Lewis got tired of being the 4th guy on a pile and then jumping up and celebrating like he made the tackle"...:D

Lewis is great, but the talk putting him in the realm of Singletary or Butkus or Lambert seems to over reach...I'm in the minority on that, but even in that 2000 season, he was the beneficiary of a defensive scheme that drove people to him, rather than a force everywhere...

• Members

Yeah, nothing says "team leader" like a guy who ratted out his friends to stay out of jail and then dubs himself "God's Linebacker"...

fixed that for you...

Only thing that needs fixin' is your crack habit:freak: Let me add it up for you:

Super Bowl rings: Ray Lewis - 1

Crian Urlacher - 0

And PLEASE stick to the subject:idea: Not that you know about football, but you have NO clue about Ray Lewis' off-the-field situation with that investigation, so I would be REALLY careful what you say in a public forum:idea: The Bears are gonna fold like their LOUSY QB Rex, "The Choke" (Gross)man always does:D

Yes sir, I can't wait to get on this forum at 10:30 Sunday night to hear all you Bears fans give the ole' cliche' statement, "Well they did have a great year, but the COLTS were just TOO good for us." :cry: That's if you all have the balls to get on-line after the Bears go down in defeat to the Super Bowl Champion Indianapolis Colts!:thu:

Then let's see you try and fix that King peanut:D

:wave:

• Members

And PLEASE stick to the subject:idea: Not that you know about football, but you have NO clue about Ray Lewis' off-the-field situation with that investigation, so I would be REALLY careful what you say in a public forum:idea:

We've never had a conversation about football before, and you're sure I know nothing? :rolleyes: What would you like to discuss? (I don't want to pass up the opportunity to have a conversation with someone who has such demonstrably deep football knowledge) Should we discuss the zone blocking that the Colts are using with Scott and Saturday anchoring the inside? Or should you express your thoughts on how not having Harris will affect Chicago's pass rush in their Cover 2? Just let me know what you'd like to discuss...

As for Lewis and his legal shenanigans, I've read the court transcripts of much of the criminal case, and know full well his plea bargain required him to testify against both Oakley and Sweeting...And that he settled with the both the Loller and Baker families to avoid civil court...

Yes sir, I can't wait to get on this forum at 10:30 Sunday night to hear all you Bears fans give the ole' cliche' statement, "Well they did have a great year, but the COLTS were just TOO good for us."
:cry:
That's if you all have the balls to get on-line after the Bears go down in defeat to the Super Bowl Champion Indianapolis Colts!
:thu:

Then let's see you try and fix that King peanut:D

Catphish! TBroom! Are you reading this? I'm being called a Bears fan :D

Look here Skippy, all season I've been catching hell for "hating" on the Bears. If you hadn't just shown up here 15 minutes ago, you'd know I've been predicting ruin for any team with Rex Grossman (or any other Florida QB) at the helm...My current prediction is Colts 30 Chicago 14 (though I'm not terribly confident in that, both teams have the capacity to implode)...

But don't you worry about that...I don't want to distract you from your busy evening of counting from zero to one, a task that, given the nature of your posts, must require a great deal of your cognitive skill...

• Members

And Lewis remains the most overrated defensive player in the league in my mind. Not that he isn't great, because he is, but his reputation outstrips his play...

I totally agree. Notice though that I said "in his prime" though. He used to be a completely different player than he is now.

Archived