Ashdown Combo amps...

ToeJamFootball

• Members

i played through an After Eight ashdown combo today and it was very nice, i am considering picking up the Perfect 10, which has a 10" speaker reather than the 8", and is also 30 watts, compared to the 15w from the after eight.

Is there something i could get which would be better bang for buck?

anyone have the Perfect 10?

thanks.

• Members

Electric Blue 180. 15" speaker, plenty of power. Enough for small/medium venues as well as practice.

My only gripe is it only has one carry handle and my cat loves to scratch the carpet covering (which they now no longer use anyway).

Try it out. Smashing wee amp. Plus the new models with VU meters look killer. :thu:

Oh no headphones, but a line out, which with the right adaptor you could use for headphones.

Anyhoo see my avatar!

• Members

Yeah, the EB's really aren't underpowered. They sound better, and are more powerfull than the similarly priced compition here in the UK.

My only gripe is that they only have one carry handle (to keep the price low). But it doesn't matter as long as you ain't taking the thing on the bus! :D

• Members

My MAG300-15 used to keep up with a Mesa MarkIV and Mesa Nomad 45 in the same band. When I had the MAG300 Head and 4x10 I'd play shows with about 100people and not go through the PA...and that was running with one cab so effectivly not getting the full 300 watts.... The tone from them is great too....

Archived