quick question, RE: MIM fender jazz p'up sizes

hi.flyer

• Members

traditionally, fender jazz bass pickups are two different sizes, the bridge pickup being wider/longer/whatever than the neck pickup. however, the MIM fender jazz bass' pickups are both the same size. so, what i ask you is this:

are they two neck pickups, or two bridge pickups? (in regards to their dimensions). i am ordering new pickups and need to know!! thanks in advance :)

• Members

When I replaced the pickups in my MIM jazz bass, I had to route out the bridge pickup hole a little more to fit the long/short Bartolinis. I would assume then that the MIM pickups are both the shorter neck length.

:thu:

i think the idea is you use the neck for most of the signal...and the bridge one even though it could be wider has to be wound more to give greater output and so balance the neck

i didnt find this even with a bart balanced set...the bridge still was a bit thin and low in output..

:freak::cool:

• Members

:thu:
i think the idea is you use the neck for most of the signal...and the bridge one even though it could be wider has to be wound more to give greater output and so balance the neck

i didnt find this even with a bart balanced set...the bridge still was a bit thin and low in output..

:freak::cool:

i AM a trifle worried about using two of the same pickup, instead of a set with a hotter bridge, but im planning on getting dimarzio ultra jazz's, and those same to have the same specs for both neck and bridge position pickups.

Archived