Scarface!!

Thunderbroom

• Members

I watched Trainspotting when I was 13.

My parents weren't too protective of what I'd watch, but that's because they'd explained to me earlier in life how what you see in films might not be the best way to go about things, it's fiction etc.

I havn't turned into a drug-taking mass-mudrerer and nor has my sister, so I guess they knew what they were doing :D

• Members

My parents weren't too protective of what I'd watch, but that's because they'd explained to me earlier in life how what you see in films might not be the best way to go about things, it's fiction etc.

I havn't turned into a drug-taking mass-mudrerer and nor has my sister, so I guess they knew what they were doing
:D

;)

• Members

I haven't seen Scarface, after reading this thread I think I will hire it out.

It's a classic.

As stated earlier, my daughter lost interest and went back to internet surfing. My son fell asleep but woke back up. He and I watched it to the end.

After watching it again, it's not nearly as "bad" as I recall. I've seen much worse profanity in a Tarrantino movie. The violence was not on par with most war movies. Underneath the violent veneer, there's a true character study waiting to be examined.

• Members

It's a classic.

As stated earlier, my daughter lost interest and went back to internet surfing. My son fell asleep but woke back up. He and I watched it to the end.

After watching it again, it's not nearly as "bad" as I recall. I've seen much worse profanity in a Tarrantino movie. The violence was not on par with most war movies. Underneath the violent veneer, there's a true character study waiting to be examined.

It's a Tarrantino????

I feel bad for not knowing that, I love his films.

• Members

No, it's not a Tarrantino movie. I was saying that a typical Tarrantino movie has much more profanity than this one.

You think so? Pulp Fiction, sure, maybe Reservoir Dogs (not sure), not Jackie Brown or Kill Bill though...It's been years since I watched Scarface though, maybe I should watch it again (I do own the thing :D)

• Members

It's a classic.

Underneath the violent veneer, there's a true character study waiting to be examined.

I haven't seen the remake but I did recently write a paper on the original that I'd be happy to share if you wanted to read it...

• Members

I havn't turned into a drug-taking mass-mudrerer and nor has my sister, so I guess they knew what they were doing
:D

Yeah, well, horror movies are fiction as well. Do you want young kids to watch that schlock?

Archived