Awesom new beer from Anheuser-Busch.

TN.Frank

• Members

Just picked up a six of a new beer by AB called "Redbridge" and it's excellent. It's made with Sorghum(molasses for those of us here in the South) and has no Wheat or Barley in it. If you like a slightly sweet beer then you owe it to yourself to give this one a try. :thu:

• Members

I've probably drank more Busch beer then just about any other kind. Mostly because of price and because I think it's pretty good beer. I thought it was pretty cool with them making a beer that people that can't have wheat or barley can drink. Oh well, can't blame me for trying. :rolleyes:

• Members

I've probably drank more Busch beer then just about any other kind. Mostly because of price and because I think it's pretty good beer. I thought it was pretty cool with them making a beer that people that can't have wheat or barley can drink. Oh well, can't blame me for trying.
:rolleyes:

if you are allergic to the gluten in wheat or barley then drink something harder like gin, rum, vodka, moonshine, or turpentine.

• Members

I'm not alergic to wheat but I had knew a guy in Phoenix that was. And yes, I love beer. Genusis Extra Stout is my fav. along with Newcastle Brown Ale but both cost a bit much to drink 6-8 of em' a night. I can dring Busch or PBR and not break the bank.

• Members

It is illegal to call Busch products beer in Germany, they can't pass the Beer Purity Law.

Reinheitsgebot (German Purity Law) adopted in 1516.

"Furthermore, we wish to emphasize that in future in all cities, markets and in the country, the only ingredients used for the brewing of beer must be Barley, Hops and Water. Whosoever knowingly disregards or transgresses upon this ordinance, shall be punished by the Court authorities' confiscating such barrels of beer, without fail."

Budweiser contains rice, tannin and some other stuff which disqualifies it in Germany.

• Members

Reinheitsgebot (German Purity Law) adopted in 1516.

"Furthermore, we wish to emphasize that in future in all cities, markets and in the country, the only ingredients used for the brewing of beer must be Barley, Hops and Water. Whosoever knowingly disregards or transgresses upon this ordinance, shall be punished by the Court authorities' confiscating such barrels of beer, without fail."

Budweiser contains rice, tannin and some other stuff which disqualifies it in Germany.

that part about confiscation of such barrels of beer without fail is hilarious:D reminds me of last years superbowl miller commercial:D

• Members

Mich Amber Bock and their Black n' Tan are both pretty good for American Dark beer. When I was in college, many, many years ago we drank a lot of Bud(and smoked a bit too.LOL.) but now that I'm a workin' man Busch is one of my main beers and I like it. I also like Pabst Blue Ribbon(let the hackin' begin, I can take it.;) ) and I think it's pretty good as well. If I want to drink the amount that I like I have to buy "cheap" beer but that doesn't mean it has to taste bad. I think both Busch and PBR are very drinkable beers.

• Members

The seceret with Mex beer is that you have to put some lime juice in it to take away the skunk taste. Works good with "The Beast" too. Just a little lime and it's pretty much drinkable, without it you can't even get it near your nose.

As a rule I like most AB products. Guess I have no taste either but I do have a fridge full of beer most of the time, LOL. :D

• Members

The seceret with Mex beer is that you have to put some lime juice in it to take away the skunk taste. Works good with "The Beast" too. Just a little lime and it's pretty much drinkable, without it you can't even get it near your nose.

As a rule I like most AB products. Guess I have no taste either but I do have a fridge full of beer most of the time, LOL.
:D

Skunk comes from oxidation, which is a hazard with bottled beer. The lighter the color of the glass, the more likelihood of oxidation. Corona and the Corona wannabees use clear glass, hence skunk.

Heineken in green bottles isn't much better, though I do like Heiney in a can. :thu:

Archived