Security tagging your basses. (UK forumites especially but everyone join in please)

Fireball_73

• Members

Simple things that anyone can do:

Keep a current list of all of your gear, including date and place of purchase along with retail price at the time.

Keep photographs of all of your gear.

Keep serial number records of your gear.

Place identifying marks and/or numbers inside the body cavities of instruments and cabinets of electronics that will further aid in proving ownership.

Most importantly, make sure your insurance covers your gear at replacement cost. You must have a policy which states your coverage limits and specifically covers any loss at replacement cost.

• Members

Cheers, I will impliment those tips!

I heard the police will security mark equipment with a UV tag or something? Was I just dreaming this?
:confused:

I can't imagine the police anywhere doing anything for free with any level of competence.

If you do anything, make sure your insurance covers you. Don't depend on the police to ever do anything good for you.

• Members

I can't imagine the police anywhere doing anything for free with any level of competence.

Beer. On. Keyboard. Thanks.

Anyway, keep pics (better still.. pics of you with the gear) and serial numbers, descriptions, distinguishing features....

You can use a UV-pen yourself and write on the bass.

Archived