Fellow HCBF-goers, today I turn 30 and to comemmorate, I am running 30 miles.

JacieFB

• Members

So far:

7:15am 5.25 mi

9:10am 6 mi

My next run will be at 11:15. Unfortunately, all of them will probably have to be on the treadmill. :freak: It's 12 degrees F here currently. Only supposed to get up to about 18. :mad: And it's supposed to snow like mad later on.

Here's to hoping there are hotties on the eliptical machines at the rec in front of my treadmill...

Here's to hoping the soaps on afternoon TV are ignor-able, especially with closed-captioning...

Here's to hoping that my MP3 player doesn't run out of batteries mid-run...

Here's to 30 years I can't really complain about...

Cheers, gang!

• CMS Author

Jack LaLanne celebrated his 40th birthday by swimming across a lake pulling a 2000lb boat. He celebrated his 65th by pulling the same number of rowboats in the water, and 70th by pulling 70 people in 70 rowboats. He turned 90 last year and I think he swam 26 miles underwater (w/scuba, of course).

Sounds like you're following a fine tradition! Happy Birthday!

• Members

I turned 30 sitting in the corner of someone else's house after Katrina wondering if I had a job and what I was going to do to fix my house. Oh, and thinking about how I was now OLD. I'd have ran 30 miles to avoid that!

Congrats though, sounds like your 30 is going to be a lot better!

• Members

Update!

11:20am: 6.25 miles

That brings me up to 17.5! More than half way there!

My pace so far...

5.25mi @ 8:27min/mi

6mi @ 8:20min/mi

6.25mi @ 8:20min/mi

I normally do my training runs at about 7:45 to 8:00 minutes. My personal best 5K was 19:50, my personal best 10K(this past Thanksgiving Race) was 41:20. I did a half marathon in Spring of 05. That was the farthest I had ever run until I started this madness. I had to slow it down or I'd never make it this far.

My plan was to run 30 miles consecutively. However a few things got in the way of that...winter, for one! I could never get more than 20 miles of training in this weather...my muscles gave out at about 16~19 miles. The other thing is me being diabetic. I have no doubt that I can run a hell of a long way without stopping, but given I'm doing this mostly by myself (a friend has done about 11 with me so far and is going to run with me again at 3:30), I figure I can keep an eye on my blood sugar and food intake a lot easier if I break this up. If I were a Spring or a Fall baby, I'd definitely do this all at once...but I'm gonna milk the Feb baby thing for what it's worth, mentally, I guess...:D

About the 30 beers...see my diabetes comment above. I do plan on taking in mass Sushi and Sashimi tonight...and that must come with either a nice white wine or some Saporo!

Thanks for the well-wishes!

BP7770...next run is for your ever-expanding family! Best wishes there!

• Members

Happy 30th. You know, you have to turn yourself into the police now.

Hmm. I've been trying for years to turn myself into Sting without much luck. So far my wife is really the only one that's convinced. :(

Update! I made it. I ended up having to string a couple of runs together. I did 5.5 miles and looked outside to see the snow pretty much destroying my city. I figured it would be a bad idea to drive home from the rec and then drive back...so I just stayed and hopped back on the 'mill and finished it up. {censored} sake those last 7 miles were tough!

Thanks to everyone for the well-wishes. Sushi is postponed to tomorrow because of the roads. I'm gonna hop off and enjoy the rest of my birthday with my lady.

• Members

Happy birthday to someone who's had stuff up for sale longer than I have.

Yo.

Thanks! Yeah...you noticed the for-sale stuff, huh? I've had a couple of leads on the Jazz bass...a lot of folks wanting to trade, too. I guess I'm just too picky. I fear I'm stuck with that Mesa cab, though...it's worth more than anyone can really justify paying me for it. I did just sell my Alesis HD 24. Almost got what I paid for it (1325) which is nice considering I had several offers for $800. :freak:

Anyways, happy birthday whoneedstherapy!

Archived