stu hamm urge ll

stuer

• Members

Electronics are worthless while they're supposed to be the best part of the bass.

A good PJ does a better job with more usable tones available than this cluster{censored}.

Now it's one of the few Fender basses with 24 frets so if it's something you dig, it can be a good deal.

• Members

Electronics are worthless while they're supposed to be the best part of the bass.

A good PJ does a better job with more usable tones available than this cluster{censored}.

Now it's one of the few Fender basses with 24 frets so if it's something you dig, it can be a good deal.

Man, that's a huge disappointment. I was expecting an uberbass.

• Members

Oh the bass itself is pretty good. Well built, very comfortable, pretty light and small for a Fender. It plays very fast too.

Electronics are just a waste. The spots they chose are pretty dumb and it sounds pretty much the same regardless of the settings. I'm not in love with the tone, it doesn't help.

Plus you need to pass a dedicated degree before being able to dial the knobs.

• Members

I own one and you are right Electronics are not very good, I love it when I play alone or when I'm practicing but in a loud band situation it gets lost in the mix, I dunno why.

I'm thinking about changing the PUPS & the ELECTRONICS with Bartolinis or EMGs,,

What do you think guys ?

• Members

I own one and you are right Electronics are not very good, I love it when I play alone or when I'm practicing but in a loud band situation it gets lost in the mix, I dunno why.

I'm thinking about changing the PUPS & the ELECTRONICS with Bartolinis or EMGs,,

What do you think guys ?

Bartolinis never hurt a fender bass. Hell, I'd ditch the pre and put SD antiquities in it.

I modded three jazz basses by putting a P pickup in between the jazz pickups....great basses - 2 were stolen, one got flooded.

Archived