Roadstar Love...

badmotor

• Members

I've got a 1984 RoadStar. Black with gold hardware. Has the "white" trim/binding around the body.

I love it and will never part with it. Sounds great, plays great, and looks killer!

I've beat it up over the last 15 years, and it keeps on comming back for more.

Great choice, IMO the best Ibby's were those models.:thu:

• Members

I got an Ibanez Roadstar fretless in 1987 as a 30th birthday present from my wife and (at the time) only daughter. It's a treasured instrument for that reason, but it's also the most rock-solid player I've ever owned.

Say what you will about Ibanez, but the Roadstar is definitely a leader in the road-warrior bass category.

peace,

Tim from Jersey

• Members

I just purchased this bass on an auction site here for about US$103.

Hopefully it's not a total dog (snap decisions can be a risk...), but I've always wanted one of these. It's the double-humbucker model:

382215807_d6e2b864e1.jpg

:)

You should love it! i got one with same configuration, in black/dark purple. Can get nice growly sounds with both pickups and a p-bass, almost upright sound with just the neck pickup. Congrats!

P.S. I was very lucky to get mine for $150 (Canuck bucks) with hardshell case from a fellow bass player about two years ago.

• Members

You should love it! i got one with same configuration, in black/dark purple. Can get nice growly sounds with both pickups and a p-bass, almost upright sound with just the neck pickup. Congrats!

P.S. I was very lucky to get mine for $150 (Canuck bucks) with hardshell case from a fellow bass player about two years ago.

Oh yeah... mine is with a hardshell case as well .:)

Archived