Woodworkers convention (vintage ampeg content)

ThrashmetalErik

• Members

my dad and I went to a woodworkers meeting at a local high end bass luthier called Alembic's shop. They had nice solid wood hellof stringed bassed starting at 2 grand. But What really caught my eye was an old ampeg head sitting dust covered in the corner, i went over and blew it off and it was an Ampeg SBT head. Ill have pics soon, but anyone ever used one, this was sitting and looked like it had been sitting for a long time, which was sad, but what are they like?

• Members

's shop. They had nice solid wood hellof stringed bassed starting at 2 grand. But What really caught my eye was an old ampeg head sitting dust covered in the corner, i went over and blew it off and it was an Ampeg SBT head. Ill have pics soon, but anyone ever used one, this was sitting and looked like it had been sitting for a long time, which was sad, but what are they like?

THE Alembic?

• Members

You were in a shop full of the Rolls-Royce's of the bass world, and you were looking at a beat up Ampeg?

it was as we were leaving, oh no I SAW the basses. Their 12 strings are wicked, its rediculous. Their was some guy giving a demo on dovetails and {censored}, I was looking in the back room at two 4 string explorers that were :p:love: My sister had her camera and i didn't know until we were leaving, I wish i knew how to get pics off my cellphone or i'd share em with you guys.

Archived