Exciting lead on a new band

2manband

• Members

I'm wrapping up a recording project, and I'm looking for what to do next, so I started surfing the Craigslist ads. Found a guy from Long Beach CA who recently moved to my area (Harrisburg, PA) and is looking to start a dub reggae/sublime/ska cover band with some originals.

This could be just what I've been looking for. I want to get into a band that gigs and can really move a crowd, but I get incredibly bored playing the standard radio rock stuff. There are no other bands in my area that do this type of material, but just about everybody I know likes it.

Anyway - I'm pretty psyched and hope it works out - just thought I'd share w/ you effers.

• Members

I was actually checking out that same ad. Let me know how it goes.

I'm actually still trying to get my own band going (have a guitar player and the drummer I've been jamming with over tonight) Plus a band down the street and one in Hershey want me to come out. Hopefuly I can get something going here soon

• Members

Right on B-Bottom! Between the 2 of us, we WILL create some kind of interesting music scene in this town.

Seems to me that the people here have got to be ready for something new. Not necessarily some crazy spaced out wierd alt-noise prog indy stuff that nobody really understands, but some stuff that people can really get into - but isn't Jesse's Girl, Sweet Home Alabama, or My Own Worst Enemy. (yech)

Anyway, I hope it works out - I'll keep you posted. I'm more excited about this project than I've been about any other gigs in the last 4 or 5 years.

I downsized a little when I thought I wanted to be a "recording" artist. But it looks like I'm going to need something that can bring the thump. Or maybe I'll get some subs for my PA, and just use my little 1x15 combo on stage w/ a line into the PA. Decisions, decisions.

• Members

Right on B-Bottom! Between the 2 of us, we WILL create some kind of interesting music scene in this town.

Seems to me that the people here have got to be ready for something new. Not necessarily some crazy spaced out wierd alt-noise prog indy stuff that nobody really understands, but some stuff that people can really get into - but isn't Jesse's Girl, Sweet Home Alabama, or My Own Worst Enemy. (yech)

Anyway, I hope it works out - I'll keep you posted. I'm more excited about this project than I've been about any other gigs in the last 4 or 5 years.

I downsized a little when I thought I wanted to be a "recording" artist. But it looks like I'm going to need something that can bring the thump. Or maybe I'll get some subs for my PA, and just use my little 1x15 combo on stage w/ a line into the PA. Decisions, decisions.

you bring the funk....and i'll bring the rock:thu:

I've been looking to be in a ska band for years. But I've got enough projects right now that I didn't want to contact this guy and not be able to commit to it.

And what is up with every single cover band around here covering My Worst enemy? I never ever understood that one. Hell the cover band I was in even did it. Whenever we played it I would always funk it up just to keep the stupid song interesting to me. Same thing with Fight For your right.......shutters.......

If you'd ever like to "up size" things again and buy an ampeg 410 cab just let me know:)

• Members

Yeah - I know you're selling teh Ampeg 410 - I keep seeing it on Craigslist. Honestly, tho - I'm leaning toward buying a pair of powered Carvin subs that will match my powered Carvin tops and just push everything through the PA (except for a little stage monitoring from my combo amp). Your price is more than fair - If I ever need an Ampeg 410, you're the first person I'll call.

BUT -

I'm becoming more and more of a fan of small amps, low stage volume, and using the PA. It just makes everything that's mic'd (especially vocals) sound a lot cleaner. Plus if I invest in PA subs instead of a bass rig, I could reinforce some drums too.

Archived