LeCompte Warmoth?

bassplayer7770

• Members

Just thought you might all enjoy this. Bud built himself a Warmoth.:thu: The pic and blurb are from Warmoth's Customer Gallery.

lecompte2nm.jpg

Here's a picture of my new Warmoth bass. Both the neck and the body were purchased from the Showcase. I had Warmoth do the blue dye job which is incredable and really shows off the maple top. The bass features a Bartolini Musicman style pickup, a Bartolini preamp, A WD 201 style bridge, Hipshot Ultra light tuner with a D-tuner. The bass is strung EADGC. It was a lot of fun to build as always. Great parts!

Bud LeCompte

Houston, Texas

December 2001

• Members

That Warmoth has sort of a connection to that T-bird. I bought a NOS Moses five string neck off of Ebay way back when. It had never been installed on anything. I then bought the blue Warmoth body to go with that neck, but it was a rare neck that Moses only made a few off and it didn't fit the Warmoth body, so I had to get a Warmoth neck. I hung on to the Moses neck for a few years and finally sold it to a local guy. He had it for a year or so and when he found out I was building he asked me to build him a T-bird with that Moses neck, so I did. After only a few months the neck went south. It developed cracks and the headstock started to bow. I end up building an entire new neck for the T-bird, so it's all pure LeCompte now. He bought a second bass from me and we've become good friends.

Archived