My next bass will be another SX...

ToeJamFootball

• Members

At the moment my main bass is an SX Jazz with a fretless Warmoth neck. I am going to wire the pickups with the series/parallel mod this weekend, as I am a huge fan or series.

Anyway, I am thinking that I will get a Sunburst P/J from SX only AUD$250 and get a black gaurd and a fretted neck with maple board from warmoth.

I really want a P/J with a P bass shaped body, in sunburst wiht a maple board, is the Fender P Bass Active Special available in sunburst?

• Members

I for one have had a number of high end basses over the years. I gig more now than I ever did when I played $3000 plus instruments and the SX basses work just dandy.

I like buying, modding them a bit to "make them mine" and playing the crap outta them. I'd buy another one if I wasn't looking at a Douglas in the next couple of weeks.

Toejam already knows he likes SX basses. He already knows he doesn't like Warwick $$'s. I say, get another one and make it yours TJF.

• Members

Rather than buying 27 SX's, why not save up & get a NICE bass you'll want to keep.

Because Sx's are nice basses, I used to have a Warwick Double $$, turned out it wasn't for me, so I traded it for a drum kit.

I can't justify spending thousands of dollars a Fender, when I can have the same bass (possibly even better) for less.

• Members

Because Sx's
are
nice basses, I used to have a Warwick Double $$, turned out it wasn't for me, so I traded it for a drum kit.

I can't justify spending thousands of dollars a Fender, when I can have the same bass (possibly even better) for less.

Yeah, go for the TJF-SX!

Pimp that sucka! Customize the hell out of it!

• Members

Rather than buying 27 SX's, why not save up & get a NICE bass you'll want to keep.

Not everyone needs an expensive bass for credibility as a player... Although I prefer nicer basses, I would not hesitate, nor have any difficulties rocking ANY house with an SX...

- georgestrings

Archived