Mastodon!

bringtherock

• Members

If their live show is anything like it used to be it'll be awesome!! I saw them once (before they hit it big) and I think everyone there was blown away (all 20 of us). I had no idea who they were when I went (I went because I liked the opening band, which was local) but left a fan.

• Members

I've seen them twice, and both times were amazing, and the first time I definitely regretted not bringing earplugs. They were louder the second time, as well, but the bass was better the first time, possibly because I was farther back the second time. But they were both amazing gigs, take your earplugs, and enjoy!

• Members

They hit it big?

I thought they had, at least comparatively to other proggish metal bands. They may not be mainstream but they have a pretty sizable fan base.

The only other two bands that I know of that are somewhat similar with larger followings are Dillinger Escape Plan and Converge.

• Members

I thought they had, at least comparatively to other proggish metal bands. They may not be mainstream but they have a pretty sizable fan base.

The only other two bands that I know of that are somewhat similar with larger followings are Dillinger Escape Plan and Converge.

Mastodon is larger.

Archived