Well, that about wraps it up fot God...

BeeTL

• Members

The existence of the Babel fish proves it:

"Now it is such a bizarrely impossible coincidence that anything so mind-bogglingly useful could have evolved purely by chance that some thinkers have chosen to see it as a final and clinching proof of the nonexistence of God. The arguement goes something like this:

"I refuse to prove that I exist," says God, "for proof denies faith, and without faith I am nothing."

"But," say Man, "the Babel fish is a dead giveaway, isn't it? It could not have evolved by chance. It proves you exist, and so therefore, by your own arguments, you don't. QED."

"Oh dear," says God, "I hadn't though of that" and promply vanishes in a puff of logic."

- The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

• Members

1) First was the radio series.

2) Next came the books - The best incarnation, IMHO.

3) Television series, available on DVD, second best, IMHO.

4) The movie. meh. My kids like it, though.

I'm a HUGE Douglas Adams fan. He himself admits that every time he created a new version, he made changes, but was okay with that. I think the books were best because more detail could be added, and characters thoughts could be explained in that "oh-so-british-humor" kind of way!:thu:

The last name for my band was "Mostly Harmless".

EDIT - The poster forgot "Then man said "Oh, that was easy", and then went on to prove that black was white and got run over in the next pedestrian crossing.

• Members

1) First was the radio series.

2) Next came the books - The best incarnation, IMHO.

3) Television series, available on DVD, second best, IMHO.

4) The movie. meh. My kids like it, though.

I'm a HUGE Douglas Adams fan. He himself admits that every time he created a new version, he made changes, but was okay with that. I think the books were best because more detail could be added, and characters thoughts could be explained in that "oh-so-british-humor" kind of way!
:thu:

The last name for my band was "Mostly Harmless".

EDIT - The poster forgot "Then man said "Oh, that was easy", and then went on to prove that black was white and got run over in the next pedestrian crossing.

crazy, my daughter loves the movie, she has watched it around 25 times now....hmmmm

Archived