OT: What happens when you set an Aussie loose in Texas?

Emprov

• Members

As compared to? But I hear ya; some still consider it "real" news when the creators themselves continually repeat the fact that they cut/spin things for comedic value.

Just was thinking about the O'Reilly debacle when he made a comment that the Daily Show audience was comprised of a bunch of teenage stoners; when come to find out that the Daily Show audiences were most likely to have college degrees, higher imcomes and more politically knowledgeable than Bill's group of followers.

Armando Iannucci, Chris Morris, Steve Coogan, The Mighty Boosh, Look Around You, The Fast Show, That Mitchell and Webb Look, Man Stroke Woman, Blackadder, Yes Minister...

TDS is good for an American show but to someone raised on comedy of the ilk of those I just mentioned, it's a bit {censored} really.

• Members

Armando Iannucci, Chris Morris, Steve Coogan,
The Mighty Boosh, Look Around You, The Fast Show, That Mitchell and Webb Look, Man Stroke Woman, Blackadder, Yes Minister...

TDS is good
for an American show
but to someone raised on comedy of the ilk of those I just mentioned, it's a bit {censored} really.

Well ya know us Americans...we're not so much known for our entertainment industry...:p But look at our politics? Now if that's not funny, I don't know what is.

• Members

we have a bit of an inferiority complex here, it's called 'cultural cringe' ....constantly want to prove that we are as good as the big countries...we're a long way away, it's a really big thing when big acts from the US or UK come here. If I was in the UK, I'd drive around the country to see Teenage Fanclub on a tour and see them every year, or every couple of months, whereas here we wait YEARS in between visits. And when our groups or singers have a hit they are called 'world class' ...why don't they just say 'good'. So, when we can't show any good stuff, it's time to make the bigger guys look silly. You could easily do it in reverse...except you guys sort of take it better ...Aussies would really hate to portrayed in a dumb way.

Archived