Just got my N64 back after two years from a friend...

Fireball_73

• Members

Possibly the greatest console ever made?

Goldeneye, Mariokart, Zelda, and possibly the greatest game ever created - Super Mario 64... what else do you need?

Currently also in love with the DS, we have plans for uni next week to get everyone that owns one in the same room for the Mariokart race of doom which should be most fun (and then bomberman and starfox and anythign else we remember to take)

David

• Members

Best games I own for N64 (Didn't get that many): Goldeneye, super smash brothers, Zelda - Orcania of time and Mario Kart.

I have the gamecube Mario Kart (which is far easier than the N64 version) and smash brothers melee is just as good as the original, although I'm missing a couple of Samus's newer moves, such as the smash missle.... but I can't complain!

Although I now cannot find Zelda... :eek: either my friend has it, or it's hidden in the depths of my room...

Also - Rouge Squadron is a kick ass game as well as Banjo Kazooie and Lylat wars!

And the best bit - I can pick up classic games for 2-5 pounds each!:cool:

• Members

Best games I own for N64 (Didn't get that many): Goldeneye, super smash brothers, Zelda - Orcania of time and Mario Kart.

I have the gamecube Mario Kart (which is far easier than the N64 version) and smash brothers melee is just as good as the original, although I'm missing a couple of Samus's newer moves, such as the smash missle.... but I can't complain!

Although I now cannot find Zelda...
:eek:
either my friend has it, or it's hidden in the depths of my room...

Also - Rouge Squadron is a kick ass game as well as Banjo Kazooie and Lylat wars!

And the best bit - I can pick up classic games for 2-5 pounds each!
:cool:

How did I forget to mention Lylat wars :confused:

Especially since I have been playinc starfox command on the DS...

David

• Members

I've seen a few ads for that game. Looks sweet.

How does it play? Got the new Metroid by any chance?

Man Metroid prime on the game cube kicks ass.
:cool:

You cannot beat Nintendo for timeless games!
:thu:

only briefly played metroid multiplayer, and it seemed pretty cool, though one of those things with a bit of a learning curve to make it work properly (so I got my ass handed to me), cool, but not somethign I would buy

Starfox is damn cool, the free range parts of lylat wars with added strategy type bits - you get given a map, and have to plot the flights, and it switches to the 'traditional' control whenever you encounter enemies. and the touchscreen works as a fantastic way of getting analouge control

kinda annoyed by a couple of missile interception bits (where you have to make it through all the rings, kinda like the bit in lylat wars in the astreroid belt to do the special path) but thats just me ;)

Currently waiting on a game called Osu! Tatake! Ouendan! for it too, a weird japanese rhythm game which rocks far too much (you get the us version of it too - Elite Beat Agents)

David

• Members

I have only ever run the N64/gamecube with the ariel connection, dunno if I even got anything else (I was 11 when I got it, so my dad did all the setting up then, I just moved it from tv to tv)

I seem to have lost the wee switch too, so I have to yank out the real ariel and switch it for the N64/gamecube when I want to play...

The connection on the back is the same, so I just need to switch round the plug on the back to switch between them, I am sure I should have another bit, but it seems to have dissappeared (most likely into the mass of cable my brother collected via playstation, N64, Hifi and whatever else)

David

Archived