OT: I am cursed, I just know it.

Funkee1

• Members

Things were looking up in life for me. Things were getting better. I was seeing some hope. I felt good. I went to San diego to do a couple of gigs. I met a cool forumite. I had a great weekend.

Driving home Friday, I came over a hill to find the vehicle in front of me was stopped. I didn't have time to avoid him, and locked up my brakes, and slid right into him.

I think the car is totalled (at least my gear isn't damaged this time....), and I have a small fracture of my right hand, right where the thumb joins.

This was the last thing I needed right now, as my job prospects all depend on having a car.

Sucks to be me!! It really does!!!!

• Members
good luck vibes sent your way funkee1:thu:

hope the hand doesnt hinder your playing too.

It will, for a week or so. They put it like this: This is a small enough fracture that we could ignore it, but once arthiritis sets in, you could lose the ability to use that hand nrmally. given what you do for a living, we'd rather fix it now.I agreed. a week or two of no- playing is better than a slow decline leading to Never playing.

• Members

I just don't know why other people drive on my road. It makes me nuts. Get your stupid cars off my road. Yeah, that is right. MY ROAD

Jaco said he rarely practiced with a bass. He would think about playing and go into a gig and just do it. Now granted - he had his chops and endurance from years of gigging. This may be a good time to practice without your ass.

Wow, man. No woman. No right hand......

Ouch

Archived