Need help with Fender tuners?????

lowndown

• Members

I'm new to bass, so this maybe a dumb question, but... I've recently got a Fender MIM P Bass neck, got it off ebay to go on my Squire P and got Fender replacement tunners (also from the 'bay!). Anyway, the Sperzels (I think thats what they are called) - the bits that go in the holes, are about 1mm too small making them fall out if I lift the bass up!

Is there a simple way to make them fit? I.E should I put a little glue around them and glue them in place? Or is there a better way to fix them in place?

• Members

Sperzel tuners are not supposed to be direct Fender replacements.

You need to fill the holes with wood and drill fresh.

When you're done doing the replacement, you're going to experience break angle problems because the Sperzel will sit too high. This too can be fixed, using a restraining bar.

Then it will look stupid to have such small tuners for such a big head.

Or you could just buy real replacement tuners for a Fender style bass.

• Members

Sperzel tuners are not supposed to be direct Fender replacements.

You need to fill the holes with wood and drill fresh.

When you're done doing the replacement, you're going to experience break angle problems because the Sperzel will sit too high. This too can be fixed, using a restraining bar.

Then it will look stupid to have such small tuners for such a big head.

Or you could just buy real replacement tuners for a Fender style bass.

My tuners are genuine fender replacement! Which is why i was a little suprised they didn't fit. Got them from a Fender Dealer, so i know they are the real thing and not fake copies.

Where can I get a restraining bar?

Thanks

Archived