I may be broke, carless, and temporarily one- armed.......

Funkee1

• Members

but I have a job!!!!!!:thu:

I have been hired as an outside sales rep for a Korean Guitar company!!!!

they make really nice, mid priced guitars (No basses yet, dammitt). They have deals with K- mart and Sam's club, but want to get into some mom and pop stores.

They are new to the sales end of things, and when I asked for salary + comm. I didn't think I'd get it. But they don't know any better, so......

At risk of sounding all- Televangelist, this has to be the work of a supreme being!

• Members

Yay Mark! Sellin' the guitars that make kids quit music.
:p;)

Sounds like a great deal for you
:thu:

I prefer to think of them as a Martin/ Taylor starter kit!!! :D

Now that I rep one companies product, maybe another *cough Kamancough* might consider hiring me to rep Genz Benz.........or Spector.......

• Members

Congrats on the new gig!

I'm a huge fan of Korean instruments. You can't beat the bang for the buck, and it's not because of "cheap labor." They're doing it with technology, mainly expert CNC.

I own a Korean Parker, an Agile PRS knockoff and a Raven West LP. Last week, I got a Dean Vendetta bass -- also made in Korea -- the fretwork and inlays are flawless.

• Members

Now that we have a man on the "inside," howzabout straightening out all this more-expensive-for-the-left-handed-model stuff? Maybe it will start a grassroots movement and grow ... aw, forget it.

Good luck, Mark. A bunch of us are pulling for you.

• Members

I prefer to think of them as a Martin/ Taylor starter kit!!!
:D

Now that I rep one companies product, maybe another *cough Kamancough* might consider hiring me to rep Genz Benz.........or Spector.......

I beg you to become a Yamaha or an ESP rep so you can bring over to the US as the good stuff those bastages keep for themselves in Japan.:):love:

• Members

So as a sales rep, I'm guessing you don't have to actually beat the child-laborers yourself, do you? JOKING, of course you do.....

Just kidding, man, that sounds like a cool gig (anything relatedto strings and wood makes for a cool jobby job!)

Archived