snow emergency

mrmatt64

• Members

My town is under a level one snow emergency. Oh well, I work from home anyway, and I needed my driveway shoveled. A (looked like) 10 year old kid came to my door and asked if I wanted my driveway shovelled, I said, what the hell, yes, how much??? He said $25 (my driveway is pretty short).

Kid ripped me off, he did do a great job, but what happened to the days when you could give a kid a 6 pack of Little Kings or some crack to shovel your driveway??:mad:

Mr. Matt

• Members

$25?? why didn't you do it yourself? I have this neighbor (who is kind of slow) who shovled my driveway last year. I didn't tell him to do it, in fact I had no idea that he did do it until I went out to do it myself in the morning. when i saw that someone had done it I asked my other neighbor who did it and they told me.

next time i saw the guy I thanked him and figured that was that. I come to find out that he's talking {censored} about me because I didn't pay him. WTF???

he's probably 60 years old and is constantly walking around the neighbor in everyones business. I came home from work the one day and he aks me why I haven't stained the deck yet in my back yard. I had to tell him to keep out of my yard. B-Bottom isn't having any of that.

• Members

$25?? why didn't you do it yourself? I have this neighbor (who is kind of slow) who shovled my driveway last year. I didn't tell him to do it, in fact I had no idea that he did do it until I went out to do it myself in the morning. when i saw that someone had done it I asked my other neighbor who did it and they told me.

next time i saw the guy I thanked him and figured that was that. I come to find out that he's talking {censored} about me because I didn't pay him. WTF???

he's probably 60 years old and is constantly walking around the neighbor in everyones business. I came home from work the one day and he aks me why I haven't stained the deck yet in my back yard. I had to tell him to keep out of my yard. B-Bottom isn't having any of that.

Awesome! I guess I felt sorry for the kid. After he left and I thought about it, I was thinking "that was probably a bit much!" Of course kiddin about the Little Kings and crack comment, but I should have just thrown him a 10 dollar bill instead of asking "how much to shovel my driveway??" like the idiot I am :D

Mr. Matt

• Members

Awesome! I guess I felt sorry for the kid. After he left and I thought about it, I was thinking "that was probably a bit much!" Of course kiddin about the Little Kings and crack comment, but I should have just thrown him a 10 dollar bill instead of asking "how much to shovel my driveway??" like the idiot I am
:D

Mr. Matt

In other words, smart kid.

• Members

Death to False Shovelers!!!!!:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

• Members

Death to False Shovelers!!!!!
:mad:

Same kid is out shovelling my neighbor's driveway now (about 4 houses down). I ought to ask how much he gave the kid next time I talk to my neighbor lol

I should let it go, kid needs the money more than I do I'm sure:D

Mr. Matt

Archived