What preamps do you guys use?

ThrashmetalErik

• Members

I wish EBS made a preamp that was rackmount , i really like thier other stuff.

The MicroBass is really good - especially going direct/in studio.

I moved this direction only recently. I want to get away from using a rig on stage and just go direct as much as possible. This is heavily dependent on the quality of the soundaman and his mixes however.

joe s

• Members

hows the ENgl i thought they only made guitar {censored}

You are quite right

It's nice for recording, I just use it for rough recordings/pre-production stuff, 'cos it's easier than lugging a guitar amp in and faffing about with mics, and it records pretty decent through the frequency-compensated output. But it could be used for bass, I suppose, if you wanted a weird sound.

• Members

I currently have an Ampeg SVP-Pro and a Presonus TubePre/EQ3B parametric EQ bundle. Preamps I've owned in the past include an ADA MB-1, Alembic F1-X, and a Line 6 BassPOD.

The SVP-Pro is probably my favorite because, IMHO, it seems to be the most versatile of all the pres I've used. The Presonus stuff is good, but pretty damn transparent, and I enjoy a little bit of tone-coloring every now and again. The ADA had some killer tones but it didn't lend itself well to on-the-spot tweaking. The Alembic was great, but didn't get too much grit when I wanted it. The BassPOD just had way too much stuff to fool with and like the ADA, wasn't easy to tweak on the fly.

• Members

I currently have an Ampeg SVP-Pro and a Presonus TubePre/EQ3B parametric EQ bundle. Preamps I've owned in the past include an ADA MB-1, Alembic F1-X, and a Line 6 BassPOD.

The SVP-Pro is probably my favorite because, IMHO, it seems to be the most versatile of all the pres I've used. The Presonus stuff is good, but pretty damn transparent, and I enjoy a little bit of tone-coloring every now and again. The ADA had some killer tones but it didn't lend itself well to on-the-spot tweaking. The Alembic was great, but didn't get too much grit when I wanted it. The BassPOD just had way too much stuff to fool with and like the ADA, wasn't easy to tweak on the fly.

Thats what i got, mines an oldschool SVP-Pro, i really like it but i was just curious what else is our their

Archived