3 questions about 3 differnt bands' drama

Psilocybin

• Members

1. Why did Dave Mustaine get booted from Metallica? I know it had something to do with him being insane on the road or something.

2. What was the big fued between John Fogerty and the rest of the band all about?

3. I thought I heard something about the Melvins getting some sort of raw deal at an Ozzfest. What was the deal with that?

• Members

1. back in the early eighties when Lars still had hair, a beautiful and strong mena'ge a trois formed between Mustaine, Hetfield and Ulrich.

Ulrich's father, sensing the tension, arranged for Hetfield to think that Mustaine could actually write songs and could pontetially woo Ulrich away from Hetfield with his greater song writing ability.

Hetfield started drinking and convinced Ulrich that Mustaine was doing drugs.

They booted him from the band. Up until only a couple of years ago, Hetfield was still drinking heavily to salve his broken heart at remonving the one thing from 'licca that gave him joy.

Out of spite, Mustaine went on to prove to Hetfield that he never had any song writing ability and was just a really good guitarist with nice hair.

To this day, Hetfield, Mustaine and Ulrich have never got over their break up, and it turned Ulrich's father into mad hermit like chap with guilt for what he had done.

• Members

1. back in the early eighties when Lars still had hair, a beautiful and strong mena'ge a trois formed between Mustaine, Hetfield and Ulrich.

Ulrich's father, sensing the tension, arranged for Hetfield to think that Mustaine could actually write songs and could pontetially woo Ulrich away from Hetfield with his greater song writing ability.

They booted him from the band. Up until only a couple of years ago, Hetfield was still drinking heavily to salve his broken heart at remonving the one thing from 'licca that gave him joy.

Out of spite, Mustaine went on to prove to Hetfield that he never had any song writing ability and was just a really good guitarist with nice hair.

To this day, Hetfield, Mustaine and Ulrich have never got over their break up, and it turned Ulrich's father into mad hermit like chap with guilt for what he had done.

:D

• Members

Bravo, you mad rooster, bravo! :blah:

• Members

3. I thought I heard something about the Melvins getting some sort of raw deal at an Ozzfest. What was the deal with that?

The only thing I heard was Buzz saying that they were happy that they got to see Motorhead on a nightly basis, but that they thought the Ozzfest fanbase were knuckle-draggers.

• Members

The rest of the band was pissed at Fogerty for doing everything so he compromised on their last album (Mardi Gras I believe) where the remaining members (Tom left at that point) wrote more and even sang on some of the tracks. It was the bands worst selling album and they broke up shortly after. Fogerty went on to record Blue Ridge Rangers which he played everything.

The whole Fantasy Records thing left a bad taste in Fogerty's mouth about CCR too. He wouldn't play any of his old stuff for years.

• Members

Hey D Aussie, is that version of events pretty much accepted as the real story?

• Members

The rest of the band was pissed at Fogerty for doing everything so he compromised on their last album (Mardi Gras I believe) where the remaining members (Tom left at that point) wrote more and even sang on some of the tracks. It was the bands worst selling album and they broke up shortly after. Fogerty went on to record Blue Ridge Rangers which he played everything.

The whole Fantasy Records thing left a bad taste in Fogerty's mouth about CCR too. He wouldn't play any of his old stuff for years.

His decision not to play his old stuff for years had more to do with the fact that he would have had to pay a huge royalty to a bunch of assholes to play his own songs than it did with any "bad taste" in his mouth. In the late 80s, I turned down an opportunity to see him play a veteran's benefit because I had just seen him in a regular concert - dumb move, the veteran's benefit was not for profit, and therefore the royalty didn't apply, and he ended up playing just about the entire CCR catalogue plus his latest stuff. I'm still kicking myself for not realizing that would be the case.

• Members

Wah ha ha ha! awesome

• Members

His decision not to play his old stuff for years had more to do with the fact that he would have had to pay a huge royalty to a bunch of assholes to play his own songs than it did with any "bad taste" in his mouth. In the late 80s, I turned down an opportunity to see him play a veteran's benefit because I had just seen him in a regular concert - dumb move, the veteran's benefit was not for profit, and therefore the royalty didn't apply, and he ended up playing just about the entire CCR catalogue plus his latest stuff. I'm still kicking myself for not realizing that would be the case.

that's right, I forgot about that part. I caught Fogerty on the Premonition tour back in 98 I believe. It was freaking great. He played a {censored} ton of CCR stuff, Blue ridge Rangers stuff, and his solo stuff. he even broke out the baseball bat for centerfield. :thu:

Archived