Please allow myself to introduce... myself

jmb374

• Members

Howdy y'all,

So I've been hanging around here for a little while, and I thought it was time for a proper introduction. My name is Michael, as you can see in my sig. The J in JMB374 stands for James, the B for my last name, and the 374 was completely randomly assigned by a former school.

I live in Starkville, MS, home of Mississippi State University, and not much else. I'm finishing my bachelors in meteorology in May, and against every fiber in my being I'm headed right back for a masters in GIS (Geographic Information Systems). God I hate school.

My wife, Ms. JMB374 (actually her initials too), and I got married last June, so we still count ourselves as newlyweds. We were together for 7 years before the wedding, so not much has changed, except for her last name. She's finishing her masters in Tax Accounting in May and already has a job lined up locally. She'll be my sugar-mama 'till grad school is over. :) No kids. One dog, Loki, who will probably make an appearance in my avatar at some point.

On to bass related stuff (this is a bass forum, right?;) ). I just started the bass last August. I played the g*&tar casually for a few years before that. Last July a guitard I was playing with said "Get a bass," so I did. I haven't looked back. We're in the process of putting together a bad cover band at the moment. We finally found a drummer last week, and we're looking forward to the first rehearsal with him.

Anyway, I wanted to formally introduce myself and thank y

• Members

Oh man, you really need to take a rag to that Geddy Jazz Bass and clean the finger prints off of it.
:eek:

Oh, and by the way, Welcome to the forum.
:thu:

I knew that would bite me in the ass. Just out of the picture to the left is a bottle of polish and a soft polishing cloth. I swear I've used it before.

• Members

Just messing with ya' pard. Anyway, the Geddy Lee Jazz is on my "list" of things to buy when I can save up enough. Right now I'm having fun with my MIM Fender Jazz. It's the first "quality" guitar or bass I've ever owned. Normally I'd get the cheaper brands and tweak em' into shape but with the Fender it's already pretty good as far as action and stuff goes. Oh well, talk to ya'll later. :wave:

• Members

yes

examples:

welcome

My God, I clicked on them... I don't know what came over me... My head... My eyes hurt just from picturing that being played... I only made it through the first few seconds of each... What a n00b mistake. Usually I think of bass lines as I'm falling asleep, but tonight, I can only imagine...

• Members

LOL, now if we could just squeeze Pick-up Trucks in there someplace we'd really be kickin' it. Of course, we'd also be more "Country" then "Rock n' Roll" too.
:D

It'd be Skynyrd-esque, but it COULD be ROCK!:mad:

Welcome Mike. Enjoy your time here, and hopefully you'll be a regular contributor!

Not that there's anything regular about most forumites...

• Members

Looks like you use em' too. I went with an '04 Dodge Ram with the 3.7L, 5spd. manual and a 3.55:1 limited slip rear axle, it also has 4 wheel anti-lock disc brakes that'll stop it in a heart beat. I can't believe how quick it is for a V6. I raced a guy with a Ram Daytona Hemi, 3.92:1 limited slip, auto trans in a 200 ft run and he only beat me by a fender length. Anyway, I love my PU Truck.:thu:

Archived