Truck Audio Pimpin': How Stupid Is This?

Thunderbroom

• Members

My S-10 has a new starter and a tune-up and fired right up this morning. For the time being, I've got something to drive. The audio system leaves something to be desired. It's an AM/FM/Cassette with crackling speakers.

Here's what I'm thinking: I've got an MP3 player. I've got a power inverter. For well under $30 I can buy a 2.1 PC Speaker system and put it in the truck. I'm thinking something like this:

logitech_s200.jpg

Behind both seats are coat hooks. I can wire the speakers to the coat hooks and set the sub behind my seat.

Hmm...

• Members

s10_audio_01a.jpg

Note the POS Intrepid in the driveway.

:mad:

s10_audio_01b.jpg

MP3 player and the inverter

s10_audio_01c.jpgs10_audio_01d.jpg

Left and right speakers

s10_audio_01e.jpg

The sub

Total extra out of pocket cost:

$0

I ended up taking the speakers/sub that I have at work and putting them in my truck. My current desktop PC has speakers built in to the keyboard. I'm getting a new desktop in the next week or so.

• Members

Note the POS Intrepid in the driveway.

:mad:

s10_audio_01b.jpg
MP3 player and the inverter

s10_audio_01d.jpg
Left and right speakers

The sub

Total extra out of pocket cost:

$0

I ended up taking the speakers/sub that I have at work and putting them in my truck. My current desktop PC has speakers built in to the keyboard. I'm getting a new desktop in the next week or so.

not bad! :thu:

did the back fall off your MP3 player yet?? i have that same one and the back broke in like a week. i have duck tape on it now. :)

Archived