I think I'd like a Sans Amp, but what are they good for?

TN.Frank

• Members

Hangin' out here I've read a lot about different pedals and such, one that kind of sticks out is the Sans Amp. I kind of have an idea of what it's used for from the MF web site but in simple terms, what can they be used for and are they worth the $189 cost?

• Members

Hangin' out here I've read a lot about different pedals and such, one that kind of sticks out is the Sans Amp. I kind of have an idea of what it's used for from the MF web site but in simple terms, what can they be used for and are they worth the $189 cost?

Worth it for me! I bought mine a couple of years ago, and some weekends I record with 4 or 5 different projects and all I have to carry around is my bass and my sans amp! It sounds awesome recording with it!

Mr. Matt

• Members

I use it as a DI box. I got the following comment with it. "You have the best bass sound i've ever heard in this room" Since i'm terrible, i attribute it to my bass and sansamp.

I've used it for DI also many times. It works great as an amp for recording. Matter of fact, Jerry Cantrell for AIC used the guitar version on "Dirt" for a few tunes-pretty amazing!!

Mr. Matt

• Members

In a venue with good monitoring I'd be happy enough playing entirely without a backline with my sansamp as an effect DI. Even if you have a really awesome valve amp, it's still good if a lot of your FoH sound is coming from the PA.

The programmable version is cool, it's basically identical circuitry to the original, but you can preset three different sounds. I've also used it when recording other mono instruments, just by turning the blend control to 0.

Versatile, sounds great, bargain.

• Members

sansampBDDI is the pedal to have if you are a lazy bugger.

I used one straight into the pa for gigs and stopped bringing any amp at all to gigs.

It is not a perfect replic modeling box, but it has some nice sounds.

Just be careful.. the controls are all active, only boost, no cut, so if you have them set at 12 o clock, that means half power.

TO a lot of people setting everything at 12 means 1/2 and then they wonder where all the mid range went.

I actually prefer the guitar version the Gt2 for bass geetar, but am happy with the bddi for upright bass preamp.

:thu:

Archived