anyone have a nice cheap 4 string for sale?

cobrahead1030

• Members

i'm a guitarist, been playing bass off/on for years...i'm currently in an off phase and wanna change that, whose got something cool they wanna pawn off?

i need something that plays decent, and most importantly sounds good! not too concerned with looks...i like the feel of the decent or nice ibanez soundgear models, but i'll consider what ya got

i don't really want a pickup config like a p-bass...i'd like something with two pickups and/or a humbucker

pics and prices appreciated...thanks :wave:

• Members

I've got a Squier Jazz Bass I've been trying to sell. I replaced the stock pickups with DiMarzio DP123s and the stock strings with DR High Beams. PM me if you want pics or are interested. I'm near Atlanta so shipping shouldn't be too terribly expensive. I was going to charge $250 but if you pay for shipping I'll bring it down to $225.

• Members

If you see yourself as a DIY'er kind of guy, I've got a pretty new Squier 4 string Jazz bass w/ all electronics and hardware and used but decent SX P-bass neck with maple fretboard. If you're in the US I'd ship it to your door for $130. All you'd have to do is screw the neck on (holes are already drilled from being used on their original respectable basses. All the pieces are there minus a set of strings, but maybe I even have a set somewhere I could throw in. The Squier body is Black. I even have the sales slip for it. Basically I bought it, played it once, loved the neck enough to put it on a project bass. PM or post an email address and I could send you a few photos and anymore info you need. If you don't mind some minor work it'd be a nice budget bass.

• Members

I have a Dean "Demonator" Metalman that I'd sell. It's been played very little and since I've gotten my Fender Jazz not at all so I'd rather sell it then let it sit. The add is over on the "Bass Insturments" 4 sale section of the forum. Here's a pic. I'd let it go for $180 shipped. Also, here's a review that was done on it.

http://www.axehound.com/joomla/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=64&Itemid=27

• Members

If you see yourself as a DIY'er kind of guy, I've got a pretty new Squier 4 string Jazz bass w/ all electronics and hardware and used but decent SX P-bass neck with maple fretboard. If you're in the US I'd ship it to your door for $130. All you'd have to do is screw the neck on (holes are already drilled from being used on their original respectable basses. All the pieces are there minus a set of strings, but maybe I even have a set somewhere I could throw in. The Squier body is Black. I even have the sales slip for it. Basically I bought it, played it once, loved the neck enough to put it on a project bass. PM or post an email address and I could send you a few photos and anymore info you need. If you don't mind some minor work it'd be a nice budget bass.

i'm kinda confused, is it a squier body and SX neck you have?

• Members

thanks for the offers guys, unfortunately nothing thus far seems like what i'm looking for...was kinda hoping for an old beater ibanez, peavey, or maybe an olp

maybe i should check into the SX stuff @ rondo music, their guitars are nice for the money

i wish they made this in black, or that trans. yellow colo

http://www.rondomusic.net/sjb75.html

this one caught my eye as well

http://www.rondomusic.net/spj62.html

Archived