Another trade I'm mulling over...

georgestrings

• Members

... I've got a nice MIM P I'm trying to sell to fund the purchase of a Squier Vintage Modified Jazz - but another option just presented itself: a friend has a clean, "low mileage" MIM Jazz that he'd trade with me even up... I kind of had my heart set on one of those Squier VM Jazzes, but that MIM Jazz will be worth more in the long run - and besides, eventually I'll probably run into a used Squier VM Jazz for much cheaper than buying one new...

Decisions, decisions...

- georgestrings

• Members

I'd say definitely go with the MIM Jazz. Better quality. The VM Jazz may be OK but not as good as the MIM. You can always sell the MIM for the VM, but at least you'll be getting a Jazz.

I agree - the only reason why I'm even thinking about it is the maple fretboard, and natural finish of the VM is attractive to me(the MIM is rosewood, as is all my other Fenders) - but in the end, that's still not enough to deny the logic of trading for the MIM Jazz...

Thanks for the input,

- georgestrings

• Members

MIM Jazz.

But, I'm not sure I'd part with the MIM P.

:)

Well, I'll hate to see it go - I've had it since it was new in '92 - but I've come to realize that Jazz necks are IT for me, and I've got 2 P body Fenders with P/J pups and Jazz necks, and a "franken Jazz" that's a MIM Jazz neck on an SX P body - but no straight-up Jazz bass... So, although this is a very nice P with a great neck, it'll suit my current situation more to swap it for a Jazz...

Thanks for the input,

- georgestrings

Archived