Ok this may be blasphemous but...

L-1329

• Members

...I think my best bass may be my Steinie! (man I sure hope Bud doesn't read this!) I've been playing this thing all weekend now that it's back and upgraded, and I still can't believe how hard this little thing rocks. It's tone just kills for the music I'm playing with the band I'm in, it's light as a feather, tiny, I can change all the strings in about a minute, is super easy and comfortable to play, there's just no down side to it! It really is making me laugh out loud at how a bass like this can sound and play so well, but I think I may now have an understanding on why those of you with upgraded SX's and such get such a kick out of them. I can't wait to get this one out with the band either. I know I'm going to get a few odd looks when I pull out a little white headless, but man once we start playing this thing is going to sound effin' HUGE! Muaa ha ha ha!!!

• Members

The absolute coolest thing about owning more than one decent bass is that you tend to play one for months and then pick up the other and the "Wow!" factor is still there. You remember why you bought it and kept it. So, you play THAT one for a few months and then pick up the other. "Wow!" all over again. Very cool feeling.

Tom, I am going for a ride today - about an hour or so. Wanna join in? :thu: (Would have gone yesterday, too, but had a gig Saturday.)

• Members

Tom, I am going for a ride today - about an hour or so. Wanna join in?
:thu:
(Would have gone yesterday, too, but had a gig Saturday.)

Man, you don't even know how jealous I am of you southern guys being able to ride all year! I am jones'n bad for my bike right now. BTW did you oder those NR earbuds? I need a report! Enjoy the ride!

• Members

...I think my best bass may be my Steinie!

I'm not sure how much you put into the electronics upgrade, but I know those Steinies sell for ~$329 new. You're proving my point that money does not necessarily equal the "best" bass.

I'm glad you're enjoying yours. I got your PM and am going to order the extenstion rod thing. I keep my Steinie at work but will likely bring it home for a little lovin' once I get the extension thing.

• Members

What do you guys ride?

Honda VFR800 Interceptor. Greatest bike I've ever ridden, and a real pleasure to own. Once I got that thing I've never even thought about any other bikes. I am going to do everything possible to take it down to the Smokey Mountains this spring/summer and disappear for a week. Course, after a week of killer riding I might not want to come back...:cool:

• Members

I'm not sure how much you put into the electronics upgrade, but I know those Steinies sell for ~$329 new. You're proving my point that money does not necessarily equal the "best" bass.

You're going to love that strap hook, trust me.:cool:

And no, money doesn't equal the best bass or make me play any better. Some things are just going to cost more, and be worth more, and if you want to play you have to pony up. If it came down to it I would never choose this little thing over the STSS's, not in a million years. I think of this like race cars. With my skills I could turn laps just as fast in a off the shelf Corvette as I could in a F1 car, but that doesn't mean the F1 car is not better on the track or worth it's cost. But if I wanted one I'd sure have to pay. The LeCompte's are worth their cost and more, and I really love having them. Still doesn't make me any better though, and my skills on the Steinie are no better than on the STSS's. Unfortunately...:cry:

• Members

Dude....

You have a link?

My bro was talking about cheap Steinbergers and I can't find em.

All I see start @ about a grand!

musicyo.com

They are out of most models right now, but get in shipments occasionally. I had to wait a couple months for them to get this one in stock.

edit: too slow!

• Members

You're going to love that strap hook, trust me.
:cool:

And no, money doesn't equal the best bass or make me play any better. Some things are just going to cost more, and be worth more, and if you want to play you have to pony up. If it came down to it I would never choose this little thing over the STSS's, not in a million years. I think of this like race cars. With my skills I could turn laps just as fast in a off the shelf Corvette as I could in a F1 car, but that doesn't mean the F1 car is not better on the track or worth it's cost. But if I wanted one I'd sure have to pay. The LeCompte's are worth their cost and more, and I really love having them. Still doesn't make me any better though, and my skills on the Steinie are no better than on the STSS's. Unfortunately...
:cry:

I'm actually looking forward to checking out your LeCompte's. I'm hoping like hell I don't like it enough to gas for one though.

:)

• Members

I'm actually looking forward to checking out your LeCompte's. I'm hoping like hell I don't like it enough to gas for one though.

:)

We'll have to meet up, sure wish I could make it down on the 10th. I'd be carefull though, LeCompte g.a.s. is not something to mess with, or take lightly!:D

• Members

MusicYo

It looks like they're out of stock except for a lefty.

Damn! What's NOT to like?

Actually I am glad I am not currently in the market for another bass or I would start here!

Best thing about Steinbergers (to me) is the thick "Gibson" sound without the excessive weight or neck dive (Thunderbird).

I like the one that has a body. It takes away the only thing I didn't like about steins. (can't sit down with it)

BTW I had a cow watching Ned Steinberger put a guitar on 2 chairs and stand on it here! :eek:

http://img3.musiciansfriend.com/dbase/media/product/video/519147.wmv

• Members

They have a flip out leg rest on the underside, and when sitting down the bas is in a super comfortable playing position.
:cool:

hehe...

That's what the thing on the side is.....:freak:

Guess I never look that close since every one I have played was WAY out of my price range!:mad:

Archived