Strings re-visited

tylytle

• Members

I am looking for something new when I change strings this time.

Playing country, I need something big, fat, round, and full. Good punch too.

What are your suggestions?

I am using Hartke right now, which really don't sound TO bad. I want something with more tone.

Thanks!

• Members

Sounds like you need some good flats. Sadly because I love the zingy twang I don't know a lot about flats but I'm sure some one will chime in.

welp...... (hey, I think I just made up a new forum word....didn't I?)

Anyway....as I was saying......: welp, I'd have to agree. I'm definetly NOT a flatwound guy...(but I've designed some sets. :freak:) But, you certainly have described the tone of a good set of flats.

I'm a 6 string, bright string kind of guy. But, if I were to do a CW or Blues gig, I'd use a 4 string with a set of flats and a tube amp in a heart beat.

• Members

welp...... (hey, I think I just made up a new forum word....didn't I?)

Anyway....as I was saying......: welp, I'd have to agree. I'm definetly NOT a flatwound guy...(but I've designed some sets.
:freak:
) But, you certainly have described the tone of a good set of flats.

I'm a 6 string, bright string kind of guy. But, if I were to do a CW or Blues gig, I'd use a 4 string with a set of flats and a tube amp in a heart beat.

Sounds good. But I have a hybrid amp. Peavey Kilobass.

I will get another set of Chromes. Used to use them in a rock band. What flats were you involved with, and what would you suggest?

• Members

I am looking for something new when I change strings this time.

Playing country, I need something big, fat, round, and full. Good punch too.

What are your suggestions?

I am using Hartke right now, which really don't sound TO bad. I want something with more tone.

Thanks!

Perhaps Dean Markley or Webstrings flats? They both have that old fat flatwound sound and sound great on Precisions. Maybe Roto RS77s for something brighter.

• Members

Sounds good. But I have a hybrid amp. Peavey Kilobass.

I will get another set of Chromes. Used to use them in a rock band. What flats were you involved with, and what would you suggest?

I was involved with DR's new flatwounds....I even sent some samples to some forumites here: T Alan may have received a set and Basshunter too.

I really can't recommend any....because again....I'm not that experienced with flats. The DR's though were designed to feel less stiff and sound a little more articulate then most flats.

T. Alan though has used different brands though....I think, if memory serves me, he may have tried Thomastik too. Try and ring him up for his opinion.

Archived